From: MM on
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:33:39 -0600, Tony Toews
<ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>But for a boring database app it's a lot faster to use Access. As
>mbyerley pointed out bound forms save you a bunch of work. I keep
>forgetting that's a fundamental difference between Access and VB6,
>etc, etc.

Oh yes! Bound forms!

{Spit.}

MM
From: MM on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:35:23 -0600, Tony Toews
<ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:34:21 -0500, "Saga" <antiSpam(a)nowhere.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I believe that both VB and Access have their place, otherwise
>>one or the other product would not exist. As I have a VB6
>>license and have done 99% of my work using this environment,
>>my choice is VB6. I am sure that some one skilled in Access
>>could develop this app in this environment much much faster
>>than I ever could.
>
>Quite reasonable. In case you hadn't figured out from previous
>postings of mine I'm a hardcore Access person and am having fun
>learning VB6.

Of COURSE you're having fun! You're coming to a well-design,
intuitive, relaxed user interface from what is probably the worst user
experience (Access) ever produced by human beings or Microsoft.

MM
From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM formulated the question :
> probably the worst user experience ever produced
> by human beings or Microsoft.

LOL! Leaving the specific context aside, that's gotta be one of the
best driveby soundbites ever. :-)

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Tony Toews on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:21:09 +0100, MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>But for a boring database app it's a lot faster to use Access. As
>>mbyerley pointed out bound forms save you a bunch of work. I keep
>>forgetting that's a fundamental difference between Access and VB6,
>>etc, etc.
>
>Oh yes! Bound forms!
>
>{Spit.}

What's the problem with them?

Tony
From: Tony Toews on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:24:33 +0100, MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>Quite reasonable. In case you hadn't figured out from previous
>>postings of mine I'm a hardcore Access person and am having fun
>>learning VB6.
>
>Of COURSE you're having fun! You're coming to a well-design,
>intuitive, relaxed user interface from what is probably the worst user
>experience (Access) ever produced by human beings or Microsoft.

Then we agree to disagree.

A mnior point is the VB 6 IDE is missing a number of features that
have been in Access since as long as I can remember. For example the
ability to undo a control move. I can't remember what else right off
hand as I've adjusted to the UI

But now I'm curious. Please indicate what you feel is the ":worst
user experience"? The blank screen that Access starts up with?

Tony