From: Saga on
I might be involved in developing a vb6 s/w that will help keep track
of the participants in a tournament. Before I go inventing the wheel
(again) I would like to know if any of you have heard or know of
an already built VB6 project that I can use as a starting point.

The basic idea is to have a sign up form where contestants register
then display each contestant as he or she either wins or loses a
game. I need a few more charcateristics, but see no problem
in modifying an existing template. Thanks, Saga

From: Jeff Caton on
Yes, it's already there... it's even built into VB6...
Click "New project"...
There you have it.

Now that one was easy...

From: Jeff Caton on
But you have to admit, this question was just too tempting :-)

Just like that Simpsons episode where Skinner bends down to pick up an
apple, moving his buttom around, and Bart cannot keep himself from
kicking it.
From: Mike Williams on
"C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote in message

> [Addressed to Paul Clement] In the end, all
> you'll have are your dingleballs. <g>

I don't think he'll have even them in the end, Kevin. His Micro$oft puppet
masters will amputate his dingleballs once he has completed the task they
have set out for him! Basically, as a Micro$oft MVP he is a waste of good
cupboard space, and he is a disgrace to Micro$oft, and they will drop him
like a hot potato as soon as he has completed his allotted task! He almost
never provides any real help to the participants of this group and he is
here with the specific purpose of causing trouble. Just a troll, really.
Such a waste of talent. He could have been really useful if he had applied
his obvious talents in a constructive and helpful way.

Mike

From: mbyerley on

"Saga" <antiSpam(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I might be involved in developing a vb6 s/w that will help keep track
> of the participants in a tournament. Before I go inventing the wheel

A friend of mine has a pretty elaborate application written in RBase that
has been used and upgraded as time passed for the last 20 years or so for
the National Dart Championships in Las Vegas Nevada. Sorry it's not a VB
project, but you would not have to reinvent the wheel (AIUI, the
aforementioned RBase App has become quite sophisticated over the years).

If it interests you in the least, email me off list: bauerlie
hotmail.com / you know what goes in the middle