From: Kenneth Porter on
"Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanni.dicanio(a)invalid.it> wrote in

> I beg to differ with your assertion about MS documentation. And I
> think that the documentation (and tutorials, and samples) offered
> about MFC by books or great web-sites like CodeProject is superior to
> what is offered for wxWindows.

I don't disagree that MFC's documentation, when you count CodeProject and
all the 3rd party books, is superior to wx. If you throw a ton of doc
writers at a project, and then add all the developers who had to burn their
fingers finding all the hidden traps in the official documentation, one
would hope that the resulting community knowledge base would be stellar.

You've inspired me to go involve myself more with the wx wiki. :D
From: Giovanni Dicanio on

"Kenneth Porter" <shiva.blacklist(a)sewingwitch.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> You've inspired me to go involve myself more with the wx wiki. :D

:))

From: Tom Serface on
To be honest, even though MFC was a great improvement over previous
paradigms of its time, I think the community really made it happen. There
was a ton of free control and advice available almost immediately. It was
kind of a phenomenon.

Tom