From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:hpor1i$c2j$1(a)appyface.eternal-september.org the killer robot "Sue
> Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > I think the cowbell would sound better in 5/4.
> >
> > Or was that 4/5?
>
> It doesn't matter, as long as everybody meets up at some
> common point along the timeline every once and a while!!!!!

It would be nice if it was just the last note of the song :)

Poly

From: polymod on

> In news:4bc0a4db$0$7592$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > 4 over 5 against 15/8
>
> Hahaha!!! I used to play in a country band for a dood who was Conway
> Twitty's opening act, and any time he'd pull a song out to play that I'd
> never heard, he'd say to me "it's 4/4 against eigth notes". Everybody in
> the band would kind of chuckle under their breath because they knew he
> believed that actually meant something, since I was always able to fake
> through the song after he said it. ;)

LOL! Good one.

Poly

From: Nil on
On 10 Apr 2010, Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> In news:4bc0a4db$0$7592$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
><polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> 4 over 5 against 15/8
>
> Hahaha!!! I used to play in a country band for a dood who was
> Conway Twitty's opening act, and any time he'd pull a song out to
> play that I'd never heard, he'd say to me "it's 4/4 against eigth
> notes". Everybody in the band would kind of chuckle under their
> breath because they knew he believed that actually meant
> something, since I was always able to fake through the song after
> he said it. ;)

If you like country music in odd meters (and who doesn't?), here's my
buddy's cover of Todd Rundgren's cover of The Capitol's "Cool Jerk":

<http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/19-Cool_Jerk.mp3>

You get a little reggae thrown in at no extra charge.
From: Neil Rutman on
Love really is the answer! Great tune!

Neil R

From: polymod on

"Neil Rutman" <neilrut(a)speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> Love really is the answer! Great tune!

Thanks Neil! Appreciate the listen.

Poly