From: habshi on
This is truly amazing, 3 nuke plants worth in one year in just
one small industrial country!! Equal to 300 nukes worldwide in solar
power a year if other countries follow the sensible policy of high
feed in tarriffs. California will add 3gw this year as well.
Proof Govt knows best and can led us to a bright new solar
world. Total worldwide energy need is about 20,000 GW. 300GW a year
and escalating could mean all our energy needs supplied by solar power
in just twenty years.

excerpt
http://en.cop15.dk/news/view+news?newsid=2678

A plan by the German government some years ago to promote solar cells
through feed-in-tariffs and other incentives has led to a boom in
installed capacity. The country now has more than a third of the
world�s total capacity � 5.3 GW (gigawatt) of 15 GW. During 2009 alone
close to 3 GW will be installed. This is a world record for installed
solar capacity in one country during one year.

"We�re all surprised by how strongly demand is picking up now (�)
It�ll be well over 2.5 (GW). But it won�t be over 3 GW simply because
there isn�t enough capacity. We�re already at the limit," Carsten
Koernig, head of BSW, Germany�s solar industry

From: habshi on
http://en.cop15.dk/news/view+news?newsid=2678

The new numbers imply that solar power is beginning to satisfy far
more than just a tiny fraction of Germany�s demand for power. This
year�s installed capacity is equivalent of having three large coal
power plants or three nuclear plants built.

According to BSW, the present peak may partly be due to government
signals that the incentives will be lowered in the near future, as the
industry is seen as mature and thus shouldn�t need the same amount of
public funding. Investors are starting projects now to make sure they
fall under the present, favorable rules.

"We�re now confident the government does not want to endanger the
sector and any adjustments to the law will be minor. The government
sent us an important signal that they�re still counting on renewable
energy," Carsten Koernig comments.

From: DanB on
habshi(a)anony.net wrote:
> This is truly amazing, 3 nuke plants worth in one year in just
> one small industrial country!! Equal to 300 nukes worldwide in solar
> power a year if other countries follow the sensible policy of high
> feed in tarriffs. California will add 3gw this year as well.
> Proof Govt knows best and can led us to a bright new solar
> world. Total worldwide energy need is about 20,000 GW. 300GW a year
> and escalating could mean all our energy needs supplied by solar power
> in just twenty years....

Ooops!

<http://www.solarserver.de/lexikon/sonneneinstrahlung-e.html>

"Map of Germany showing the highest recorded levels of solar radiation
per year."

Math, (among other things), was never your strong suit. So I'm sure this
is a 'whooosh' right over your head.....
From: Sam Wormley on
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
> Sam Big boiler insulated hold heat,and heat is potential energy.Boiler
> location 100% important. Bottom shape of boiler 100% important. Tubes as
> in high pressure boilers 100% important,and my added improvements 100%
> important.. We need high dry steam to turn the turbine,and I have the
> best thinking how to achieve this. I am clever,and to[o] old to be modest
> Bert

Like I said--Not very practical for boilers, is it, Herb!
From: G=EMC^2 Glazier on
Sam Its boilers that make electricity possible. Boilers make steam.
Steam is what I am talking about.and making better use of the sun in a
given area. Bert