From: Sam Wormley on
Marvin the Martian wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:29:34 +0000, Sam Wormley wrote:
>
>> G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
>>> Sam Its boilers that make electricity possible. Boilers make steam.
>>> Steam is what I am talking about.and making better use of the sun in a
>>> given area. Bert
>>>

>> Ever heard of solar cells, Herb? The have the advantage of not having
>> to use 540 calories to turn a single gram of water into steam.
>
> Not that you'd know, but solar to steam to electricity is cheaper and
> more efficient.
>
> Most of the world's electricity comes from steam engines.

The discussion is about solar powered boilers, Marvin.

From: Marvin the Martian on
On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 03:08:39 +0000, Sam Wormley wrote:

> Marvin the Martian wrote:

>>> Ever heard of solar cells, Herb? The have the advantage of not
>>> having to use 540 calories to turn a single gram of water into
>>> steam.
>>
>> Not that you'd know, but solar to steam to electricity is cheaper and
>> more efficient.
>>
>> Most of the world's electricity comes from steam engines.
>
> The discussion is about solar powered boilers, Marvin.

Glazier is talking about making electricity, using a solar boiler. The
rest is pretty much conventional physics of steam engines.

Or don't you even know what you're talking about here? Solar boilers is
kinda old hat.
From: Sam Wormley on
Marvin the Martian wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 03:08:39 +0000, Sam Wormley wrote:
>
>> Marvin the Martian wrote:

>>> Not that you'd know, but solar to steam to electricity is cheaper and
>>> more efficient.
>>>
>>> Most of the world's electricity comes from steam engines.
>> The discussion is about solar powered boilers, Marvin.
>
> Glazier is talking about making electricity, using a solar boiler. The
> rest is pretty much conventional physics of steam engines.
>
> Or don't you even know what you're talking about here? Solar boilers is
> kinda old hat.

For sure.

From: G=EMC^2 Glazier on
Sam WOW you answered a question. In your answer was the fact that big
boilers can store lots of heat. As you know Severn Trent has shut my
house water. I have five 55 gal. barrels that collect rain water. I make
the best use of the Sun to keep the water at about 108 degrees.for my
showers My electric bill is down by $50 bucks each month(no house
boiler) Yes my barrels are black,and when no Sun they get the best
insulation. All is good physics. All is good engineering how I collect
the water. I have always bought bottled water for drinking. Best to
realize Florida has ground water that filters through millions of
caskets each day. God gave us water,and now that the Godfather owns
Severn Trent Water he can take it away. Bert

From: Sam Wormley on
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
> Sam WOW you answered a question. In your answer was the fact that big
> boilers can store lots of heat. As you know Severn Trent has shut my
> house water. I have five 55 gal. barrels that collect rain water. I make
> the best use of the Sun to keep the water at about 108 degrees.for my
> showers My electric bill is down by $50 bucks each month(no house
> boiler) Yes my barrels are black,and when no Sun they get the best
> insulation.

What insulation, Herb? You said they were black.

All is good physics. All is good engineering how I collect
> the water. I have always bought bottled water for drinking. Best to
> realize Florida has ground water that filters through millions of
> caskets each day. God gave us water,and now that the Godfather owns
> Severn Trent Water he can take it away. Bert

Why don't invest in a water filtration system so's you don't
have to drink bottled water in plastic.