From: Sam Wormley on
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
> Yes Sam 'black when they are in the Sun(during light),but they get
> insulation at night(no Sun)

What insulation? Who puts it on and takes it off?
From: habshi on
$1 trillion has been invested in renewable energy for the last
ten year.
Mandating that pension funds invest 10-20% of their funds in
renewable system ie $1-2trillion a year of their $120 trillion funds ,
would give us endless energy for ever

excerpt

This new, never before reported number, showing $1,248,740,645,993.00
(over $1.248 trillion) in total investment since 2007, indicates how
investors and entrepreneurs are leading governments in promoting
sustainable growth. The scoreboard totals investments in solar, wind,
geothermal, ocean/hydro, energy efficiency and storage, and
agriculture. We purposefully omitted nuclear, "clean coal," carbon
capture and sequestration, and biofuels. We indicate which investments
have been publically announced and committed by major companies for
2010 and beyond

The Climate Prosperity Alliance uses the Climate Solutions 2 computer
model of Australia's Climate Risk Pty., showing how $1 trillion
invested every year for the next 10 years can assure the global
transition to sustainable prosperity and job growth. This $10 trillion
is less than the bailouts of failed banks in the USA and Europe and
less than 10% of the world's pension and institutional funds of $120
trillion. Institutional fund managers can shift 10% of their assets
away from hedge funds, risky derivatives and commodity speculation to
real investments in a greener global economy, thereby assuring their
beneficiaries a healthier future.

"While we encourage progress toward directly investing in growing the
green economy, we urge government officials meeting in Copenhagen
December 7-14, 2009, to follow the lead of these private investors
that have already committed $1.248 trillion. We applaud our pension
fund colleagues of the UN Principles of Responsible Investing who have
joined in pledges to allocate more of their members' $19 trillion of
assets into similar green companies. Now, governments must go beyond
arguing over targets, caps and carbon-trading - and follow the lead of
China and the USA in their comprehensive plan for cooperation on clean
energy and climate change. Such a general agreement in Copenhagen can
promote and underwrite more direct investments and growth of the green
economy," said Dr. Henderson.

http://www.csrwire.com/press/press_release/28298-New-Global-Climate-Prosperity-Scoreboard-Finds-Over-1-Trillion-Invested-In-Green-Since-2007
From: jimp on
In sci.physics habshi(a)anony.net wrote:
> $1 trillion has been invested in renewable energy for the last
> ten year.
> Mandating that pension funds invest 10-20% of their funds in
> renewable system ie $1-2trillion a year of their $120 trillion funds ,
> would give us endless energy for ever

Given the fact that "renewable energy" companies have been going bankrupt
lately as the reality that they are economic losers sinks in, this is your
dumbest idea to date.

You are an idiot.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
From: habshi on
Sorry that was $1 trillion over two years ie $1,000 b, and they
have just annouced that solar panels last not twenty , but forty years
, so they pay back for twenty years with free fuel after the payback
time is done.
What if they were found to last 100 years? Then it would be a no
brainer for the govt to give everyone the money to put them on the
roof and not have to pay OPEC hundreds of billions each year for oil
imports.
From: habshi on
Truly astounding !
If the Clinton foundation can add 6,000 MW in just one country in
India in say two or three years ie six nuclear power stations worth,
can you imagine if this was replicated worldwide.

excerpt

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/solar-mission-to-attract-rs-20000-cr-investment-till-2012/80282/on

In the next three years, we will add 1,300 Mw of solar energy,
including grid and non-grid, as the first phase of the 20,000 Mw solar
power by 2022," Union minister for New and Renewable Energy Farooq
Abdullah said here today.

"Based on the experience of the first phase we will finalise the next
phases for implementation," Abdullah said.

Abdullah said the Clinton Foundation, of former US President Bill
Clinton, would construct two solar thermal power projects of 3000 MW
each in Gujarat and Rajasthan.

"All-round participation will be required if we have to take forward
the solar mission," he said.

Abdullah was in Jamuria in Burdwan district of West Bengal to
inaugurate the country's first 2 Mw solar photovoltaic power plant
promoted by West Bengal Green Energy Development Corporation supported
by DPSC.