From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On May 27, 1:28 pm, "Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")"
<t...(a)thenewobjective.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 3:14 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
>
> > So, a server in JScript, you say ? yeah, hahahaha, good joke... that
> > explains it all about you two. (deep smell of windows)
>
> Expand your horizons my friend. You're living in a bubble.

More constructively: the implication was made that node.js was the
first and only thing capable of doing what was mentioned. This is
simply not true as was mentioned by David Mark and myself. Your
feelings towards the Windows platform is irrelevant on this point.
From: David Mark on
On May 27, 4:14 am, Ry Nohryb <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 4:24 am, "Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")"
>

> <t...(a)thenewobjective.com> wrote:
> > On May 26, 7:10 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > It's not too difficult if you are familiar with the Windows Sockets
> > > API.
>
> > Which is available through the .NET framework and as a traditional COM
> > component on Windows machines. Hence available to JScript and
> > JScript.NET
>
> > > The way I would do it is to write an ActiveX object (in either VC
> > > ++ or VB) that handles all of the socket IO and instantiate it from a
> > > shell script.  .NET could be used for the middle piece as well, but I
> > > never got into that.
>
> > Indeed. luckily this part is already written. Of course JScript.NET
> > could be used to write it for WScript to use. But that would be a bit
> > weird I think.
>
> > > Such applications can be run from the command
> > > line, other Windows applications and even Office macros.  These
> > > possibilities have existed for some time (over a decade), but I have
> > > no idea who (if anyone) has used them to create an HTTP or IRC server..
>
> > I do recall seeing an IRC server at one point. Not certain of the HTTP
> > server though. I'd have to dig through the web archive at some old ASP
> > + sites (or whatever it was called backed then).
>
> So, a server in JScript, you say ? yeah, hahahaha, good joke... that
> explains it all about you two. (deep smell of windows)

I answered the question, which was how to write such a server in
JScript. Of course, you snipped that part so you could "hahahaha"
like a jackass.

Also, your bigotry is showing and you know full well I'm not a fan of
Windows (by any stretch of the imagination). So what was the point of
your post (other than foolishness?)

Get better, Ry!