From: Ry Nohryb on
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/video.php?v=dahl-node

Enjoy,
--
Jorge.
From: David Mark on
Ry Nohryb wrote:
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/video.php?v=dahl-node

Do you read this group at all? :)

Stop polluting your brain with YUI drivel. Do I really need to review
their "Node.js" or can we just agree that this post was some sort of bad
joke on your part?
From: Ry Nohryb on
On May 25, 7:52 pm, David Mark <dmark.cins...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ry Nohryb wrote:
> >http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/video.php?v=dahl-node
>
> Do you read this group at all?  :)
>
> Stop polluting your brain with YUI drivel.  Do I really need to review
> their "Node.js"

Yes, you ought to. Node.js has nothing to do with YUI. Node.js is a
wonderful thing for any JS programmer, even more so if he happens to
love unix.

> or can we just agree that this post was some sort of bad
> joke on your part?

You're a bit too much irascible, istm.
--
Jorge.
From: Scott Sauyet on
David Mark wrote:
> Ry Nohryb wrote:
>> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/video.php?v=dahl-node
>
> Do you read this group at all?  :)
>
> Stop polluting your brain with YUI drivel.  Do I really need to review
> their "Node.js" or can we just agree that this post was some sort of bad
> joke on your part?

If someone is to review this, I hope it is not someone whose main
focus seems to be on browser scripting.

Node.js is all about server-side JS, using the V8 engine.

I don't know enough about that subject to offer a review, but would
love to see one from someone who does. There are some surprising
results, including a simple server that outperforms nginx in requests/
second.

One interesting thing about the presentation is the argument that
JavaScript is the perfect language for doing IO-centric operations if
only JS supported IO. It's reasonably convincing.

--
Scott
From: Ry Nohryb on
On May 25, 8:12 pm, Scott Sauyet <scott.sau...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> David Mark wrote:
> > Ry Nohryb wrote:
> >>http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/theater/video.php?v=dahl-node
>
> > Do you read this group at all?  :)
>
> > Stop polluting your brain with YUI drivel.  Do I really need to review
> > their "Node.js" or can we just agree that this post was some sort of bad
> > joke on your part?
>
> If someone is to review this, I hope it is not someone whose main
> focus seems to be on browser scripting.
>
> Node.js is all about server-side JS, using the V8 engine.
>
> I don't know enough about that subject to offer a review, but would
> love to see one from someone who does.  There are some surprising
> results, including a simple server that outperforms nginx in requests/
> second.
>
> One interesting thing about the presentation is the argument that
> JavaScript is the perfect language for doing IO-centric operations if
> only JS supported IO.  It's reasonably convincing.

And you can use it to script a unix system in JavaScript. It even
accepts a shebang in the script files, so a source text.js file
behaves exactly as a (binary) program. It has a rich built-in API, and
a module loader : http://nodejs.org/api.html
--
Jorge