From: fdgfdsgsdfgdfsg on
Ignoramus7608 said the following on 2010-07-24 02:30:
> This is a high end Bridgeport mill, which I bought for cheap due to a
> bad control. Control was parted out to recoup my cost. (it paid for
> the mill)
>
> It runs Ubuntu and a special CNC system called EMC2 (linuxcnc.org).
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hsFnjDveY
>
> I hope that you like it. This CNC stuff is actually very demanding and
> needs a realtime kernel. The computer is about 7-8 years old from a
> junk pile.

Problem is this

youtube-dl -b -t 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hsFnjDveY'
[youtube] Setting language
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 38 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 37 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 22 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 45 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 35 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 34 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 43 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 18 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 6 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 5 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 17 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Format 13 not available
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Extracting video information
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video webpage
[youtube] 5_hsFnjDveY: Downloading video info webpage
ERROR: no known formats available for video

Sorry can't view the video.
From: Death on

"Ignoramus7608" <ignoramus7608(a)NOSPAM.7608.invalid> wrote in message
> This is a high end Bridgeport mill, which I bought for cheap due to a
> bad control. Control was parted out to recoup my cost. (it paid for
> the mill)
>
> It runs Ubuntu and a special CNC system called EMC2 (linuxcnc.org).
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hsFnjDveY
>
> I hope that you like it. This CNC stuff is actually very demanding and
> needs a realtime kernel. The computer is about 7-8 years old from a
> junk pile.

Pretty complicated way to not open a jar of mayonnaise.

--
Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur,
Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur.

From: Terry Porter on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:30:57 -0500, Ignoramus7608 wrote:

> This is a high end Bridgeport mill, which I bought for cheap due to a
> bad control. Control was parted out to recoup my cost. (it paid for the
> mill)
>
> It runs Ubuntu and a special CNC system called EMC2 (linuxcnc.org).
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hsFnjDveY
>
> I hope that you like it. This CNC stuff is actually very demanding and
> needs a realtime kernel. The computer is about 7-8 years old from a junk
> pile.

Very nice, a largish Bridgeport, and under Linux control.

I'm jealous :)

--
This quadcore running Gnu/Linux Archlinux 2009.08 X86_64 and posting via
Pan.
> Problem is this
>

> youtube-dl -b -t 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hsFnjDveY'

you using the latest version of youtube-dl?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34.1
From: Ignoramus8473 on
On 2010-07-24, Terry Porter <linux-2(a)netspace.net.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:30:57 -0500, Ignoramus7608 wrote:
>
>> This is a high end Bridgeport mill, which I bought for cheap due to a
>> bad control. Control was parted out to recoup my cost. (it paid for the
>> mill)
>>
>> It runs Ubuntu and a special CNC system called EMC2 (linuxcnc.org).
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hsFnjDveY
>>
>> I hope that you like it. This CNC stuff is actually very demanding and
>> needs a realtime kernel. The computer is about 7-8 years old from a junk
>> pile.
>>

> Very nice, a largish Bridgeport, and under Linux control.
>
> I'm jealous :)

There is a Windows program also, called Mach3.

It has more dialogs and wizards, but does not have the same level of
performance when cutting complex curves, due to real time issues.

Mach3 is, reportedly, also a EMC derivative.