From: Steve Terry on
"Peter" <occassionally-confused(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote
>
>>Other virtual have sweetened their rates over they years but Virgin
>>being market leaders seem to think they don't need too
>
> Virgin moved their CS to Paki script monkeys some time ago.
> They used to be very good before that.

01373 855643 should put you through to Virgin Mobile CS in the UK

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: CJB on
On Jul 14, 2:21 am, "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote:
> "Peter" <occassionally-confu...(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> > "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote
>
> >>Other virtual have sweetened their rates over they years but Virgin
> >>being market leaders seem to think they don't need too
>
> > Virgin moved their CS to Paki script monkeys some time ago.
> > They used to be very good before that.
>
> 01373 855643 should put you through to Virgin Mobile CS in the UK
>
> Steve Terry
> --
> Welcome Sign-up Bonus of £1 when you signup free at:http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

Great to have a local phone no.

No wonder I couldn't understand what the CSA was saying in a broad
Asian accent. Couple that with a call using VOIP that kept breaking
up. The whole exercise was a total waste of time. Then the CSA was
whittling on about needing me to tell her what the password was - a
password which I had never set up in the first place - and which of
course I didn't know.

Now I've had to register with VM just to send them an email thus:

1. I tried registering on your website - just to send this email -
however the system screwed up my postal address and wouldn't let me
correct it - great start.

2. Last month my PAYG phone had a balance of about £20. Now it only
has about £1.49 - where's the money gone? I have not made many calls
because it is only for emergency use.

3. When I bought the phone I got 1Gb of Internet time which I couldn't
use due to the phone being WAP only - great deal - not. This alowance
has now gone.

4. And I had loads of texts available - now there are none.

So Virgin has stolen not only my allowances but also my call credit.
That's fraud = criminal theft.

It seems to me that Virgin is the worst and biggest mobile network
defrauding its customers - it is certainly at the bottom of my list. I
shall never use anything Virgin again. And I have to opine that the
latest merger of BA, AA and Iberia can only be a GOOD thing for
everyone.
From: Steve Terry on
"CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 14, 2:21 am, "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote:
> "Peter" <occassionally-confu...(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

> > "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote
<snip>
>So Virgin has stolen not only my allowances but also my call credit.
>That's fraud = criminal theft.

Thats a bit strong, it may be a mistake by Virgin mobile or you
may not have read all the deatils in their T&Cs concering the
length of availabliy of your alowances?

>It seems to me that Virgin is the worst and biggest mobile network
>defrauding its customers - it is certainly at the bottom of my list. I
>shall never use anything Virgin again. And I have to opine that the
>latest merger of BA, AA and Iberia can only be a GOOD thing for
>everyone.

I've had Virgin Mobile Sims since they started, IMHO they are
no better or worse than any other Virtual, with some good points
and some bad.

IMHO best was that their disuse period until recently was almost unlimited.
Worse is they haven't developed competitive tariffs, and what was
one of the best customer services isn't anymore.

Steve Terry

From: Chris Blunt on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:28:14 +0100, "Steve Terry" <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net>
wrote:

>IMHO best was that their disuse period until recently was almost unlimited.
>Worse is they haven't developed competitive tariffs, and what was
>one of the best customer services isn't anymore.

What is their disuse policy now?

I have a Virgin PAYG SIM paid by direct debit. I only use it when I
visit the UK a couple of times a year. Am I likely to find it
disconnected if I don't make any calls for, say, 6 months?

Chris
From: CJB on
On Jul 16, 7:37 am, Chris Blunt <m...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:28:14 +0100, "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net>
> wrote:
>
> >IMHO best was that their disuse period until recently was almost unlimited.
> >Worse is they haven't developed competitive tariffs, and what was
> >one of the best customer services isn't anymore.
>
> What is their disuse policy now?
>
> I have a Virgin PAYG SIM paid by direct debit. I only use it when I
> visit the UK a couple of times a year. Am I likely to find it
> disconnected if I don't make any calls for, say, 6 months?
>
> Chris

I would opine that Virgin will dd a new top up every so often
(monthly?), and then if the phone is not used for a longer period you
will lose that credit, only for another dd to be taken on schedule, ad
infinitum, ad-costinum. After all Virgin wont cancel a dd if its in
their financial inerest to keep it going. The only benefit to you
would be the retention of the SIM's phone no. - a high price to pay
for that.

CJB