From: David Kaye on
eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com wrote:

>Out of curiosity, which avti-virus program is better, Avast or AVG ?

I like Avast but not the lastest version, the one just before when the ball
was still blue.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| eric-allen(a)peoplepc.com wrote:

>>Out of curiosity, which avti-virus program is better, Avast or AVG ?

| I like Avast but not the lastest version, the one just before when the ball
| was still blue.

I personally don't like blue balls :-)

--
Dave

From: Joan Archer on
I see you have plenty of answers already but another one to consider would
be Microsoft Security Essentials, that's free and is doing pretty well I
have that on my Windows 7 machine.

--
Joan Archer
http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on

>> Same scenario, but with strict adherence to a 'cooling off period'
>> before attempting to execute such a program, gives ample time for
>> updates to be in place. Bottom line - none of the AV programs are any
>> good if you don't play safely.
> I tend to be very careful as possible. I do download music but don't
> forsee any virus in music but you never know. I use the Win7 computer
> the most. The WinXP is used as a game PC and the Fedora11 is just a
> toy for fun. But just was wondering what was other peoples opinion on
> AV progs before I buy one.

You seem to me to be at pretty low risk level. Just about any (even
free) AV mentioned so far would be adequate for your needs.

My opinion is Avast! over AVG (and AntiVir over Avast!) - but that is
based on the free versions and no current experience at all with AVG.

From: Eric Allen on
FromTheRafters wrote:
> You seem to me to be at pretty low risk level. Just about any (even
> free) AV mentioned so far would be adequate for your needs.
>
> My opinion is Avast! over AVG (and AntiVir over Avast!) - but that is
> based on the free versions and no current experience at all with AVG.

I installed Avira AntiVir, and have AVG as a stand alone set up right
now. Thanks everyone for the info.