From: BillW50 on
In
Bob Villa typed on Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:42:33 -0700 (PDT):
> Okay Bill, I'll take back the tirade part. Here is your quote, "I was
> working for Philips when we created the CD".

I was working for Philips at that time and that is true. I used and
tested the CD drives before they became public as well. And I knew the
engineers who was working on them. And we chatted and socialized a lot.
I don't know how much I had any input, but they must have picked up a
few things from my experience anyway. And when any engineer had any
problems, I got called. So is there anything in the CD drive that came
from me? Very probable to be honest.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

From: Bob Villa on
On Jul 27, 10:23 pm, "BillW50" <Bill...(a)aol.kom> wrote:
> Innews:75c47f1f-010b-411c-ad6d-c340dde0edbd(a)x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com,
> Bob Villa typed on Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:42:33 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > Okay Bill, I'll take back the tirade part.  Here is your quote, "I was
> > working for Philips when we created the CD".
>
> I was working for Philips at that time and that is true. I used and
> tested the CD drives before they became public as well. And I knew the
> engineers who was working on them. And we chatted and socialized a lot.
> I don't know how much I had any input, but they must have picked up a
> few things from my experience anyway. And when any engineer had any
> problems, I got called. So is there anything in the CD drive that came
> from me? Very probable to be honest.
>
> --
> Bill
> Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2

You are a hopeless egocentric...with delusions of grandeur.
The only way you get your point across is by beating it to death. You
always get the last word and think you have won. People give up
talking to you because you are like the "Energizer Bunny".
I know you have more to say...but I have said mine.
From: BillW50 on
On 7/28/2010 5:56 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
> On Jul 27, 10:23 pm, "BillW50"<Bill...(a)aol.kom> wrote:
>> Innews:75c47f1f-010b-411c-ad6d-c340dde0edbd(a)x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com,
>> Bob Villa typed on Tue, 27 Jul 2010 19:42:33 -0700 (PDT):
>>
>>> Okay Bill, I'll take back the tirade part. Here is your quote, "I was
>>> working for Philips when we created the CD".
>>
>> I was working for Philips at that time and that is true. I used and
>> tested the CD drives before they became public as well. And I knew the
>> engineers who was working on them. And we chatted and socialized a lot.
>> I don't know how much I had any input, but they must have picked up a
>> few things from my experience anyway. And when any engineer had any
>> problems, I got called. So is there anything in the CD drive that came
>> from me? Very probable to be honest.
>
> You are a hopeless egocentric...with delusions of grandeur.
> The only way you get your point across is by beating it to death. You
> always get the last word and think you have won. People give up
> talking to you because you are like the "Energizer Bunny".
> I know you have more to say...but I have said mine.

Boy are you lost! There is no winning or losing here. There is no
competition at all. Nor should there be. It just doesn't exists. All
that goes on here is people helping people.

And there are not any right or wrong opinions or answers. As what works
for one, may or may not be helpful to somebody else. That is just how
life works here.

And no grandeur from me. As I haven't said anything about myself for
decades. But when people like you start attacking others, I can't let it
continue and not to say anything. So it is people like you who make me
do so. And if you are looking for somebody to blame, I suggest looking
in the mirror.

And while I was in school getting my EE degree, I was never competitive
or anything. Nor did I care about being competitive. And I thought I was
just working hard enough to get by. And to my surprise, not only did I
pass with flying colors, but tops in my class. And I also had the
highest test scores they had seen in the last 5 years.

So this allowed many opportunities to open up for me that otherwise
wouldn't have been possible. And it wasn't my own doing as I wasn't
really trying, but the doing of others. As I really didn't care if I
just squeaked by to be to honest. And who knows what would have happened
if I actually tried to apply myself.