From: Ron on
I was looking over some Instructable and the anti-virus software that
came with the new laptop started kicking up a fuss, supposedly about
about detecting a virus. But when I tried to do something about it,
every time I opened a program-- any program-- it would close
immediately and I would get a message saying the program was infected.
If it was only one program, that'd probably be true, but every program
and file I have can't be infected!

This is a very annoying situation, and probably a dangerous one too
since I can't get anything done Does anyone know of a way to remedy
this problem so I can shut off the anti-virus program (I tried Add/
Remove Programs but according to a window, that's infected too.
Right...) so I can do a proper system check?

Ron
From: Joe3301955 on
Whenever my computer acts strange or hesitates, even though I have
McAfee antivirus software, I found "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" finds
bad, bad, bad things that my virus program did not.

I use the free version of it and give it about 2 hours to run a full
scan.

From: Ron on
I hate Windows XP but it came with the laptop. But the AV program that
I use is AVG, but I can't use any program at all: *everything* I try
to run causes a message saying the program is infected! Unless I get
a better idea, I may have to do a root canal and replace the OS--
preferably with something more reliable like Windows 2k.

Ron

From: mike on
Ron wrote:
> I hate Windows XP but it came with the laptop. But the AV program that
> I use is AVG, but I can't use any program at all: *everything* I try
> to run causes a message saying the program is infected! Unless I get
> a better idea, I may have to do a root canal and replace the OS--
> preferably with something more reliable like Windows 2k.
>
> Ron
>

> Joe3301955(a)aol.com wrote:
>> Whenever my computer acts strange or hesitates, even though I have
>> McAfee antivirus software, I found "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" finds
>> bad, bad, bad things that my virus program did not.
>>
>> I use the free version of it and give it about 2 hours to run a full
>> scan.
>>

>> On Jul 14, 4:48 am, Ron <r...(a)dslnorthwest.net> wrote:
>>> I was looking over some Instructable and the anti-virus software that
>>> came with the new laptop started kicking up a fuss, supposedly about
>>> about detecting a virus. But when I tried to do something about it,
>>> every time I opened a program-- any program-- it would close
>>> immediately and I would get a message saying the program was infected.
>>> If it was only one program, that'd probably be true, but every program
>>> and file I have can't be infected!
>>>
>>> This is a very annoying situation, and probably a dangerous one too
>>> since I can't get anything done Does anyone know of a way to remedy
>>> this problem so I can shut off the anti-virus program (I tried Add/
>>> Remove Programs but according to a window, that's infected too.
>>> Right...) so I can do a proper system check?
>>>
>>> Ron
safe mode?
From: John Doue on
On 7/15/2010 5:04 AM, Ron wrote:
> I hate Windows XP but it came with the laptop. But the AV program that
> I use is AVG, but I can't use any program at all:*everything* I try
> to run causes a message saying the program is infected!

Even when you try to launch ... AVG?

--
John Doue