From: Shenan Stanley on
Johnr wrote:
> O K and Thanks Shenan.
> One last question, how do I retain access to all the varied and many
> sites and favourites I have built up over the last year before I
> dump IE8?

Your internet favorites should stay if you properly uninstall IE8 and revert
back to what you had before. But if you wish to be 100% sure - File -->
Import and Export --> Export to a file... continue. ;-)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Johnr on

Hi TRT, wish I had spotted this earlier as I would like to have tried it
out first.
As it is I have dumped IE8 and am now running IE7.

I did not get back the "add to favourites (alt z)" sites I had
accumulated so will have to try and find them all again.
Favourites ar back though so with any luck all will be well.

Thanks to you both for your help.
Like the looks of your site Real Truth. I will download some of your
stuff.
J.

--
Johnr
Johnr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170615.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Jim on
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 22:07:03 +0530, Johnr <Johnr.44fijb(a)DoNotSpam.com>
wrote:

>Hi TRT, wish I had spotted this earlier as I would like to have tried it
>out first.
>As it is I have dumped IE8 and am now running IE7.
>
>I did not get back the "add to favourites (alt z)" sites I had
>accumulated so will have to try and find them all again.
>Favourites ar back though so with any luck all will be well.
>
>Thanks to you both for your help.
>Like the looks of your site Real Truth. I will download some of your
>stuff.
>J.

TRT aka TheRealTruth takes programs from other sites and passes them
on as his own .
From: Leythos on
In article <4b451e58$0$23133$88263eea(a)blocknews.net>, trt(a)void.com
says...
> Try my FixIE Tool.

Public Service Warning about PCBUTTS1 (TheRealTruth):

Do you really want to trust someone that was banned from posting
directly to Microsoft Usenet servers, someone that has posted links to
pornographic materials on HIS WEBSITE, who's website is in the MVP HOST
Block list, and who provides a tool for your use that will block access
to reputable anti-malware sites without telling you he's doing it?

Do you really want to trust someone that has had to change their posting
identity after being busted by MS as a fake MVP?

Stalking, even in usenet is a crime, there are enough pages from your
filthy site to prove you're stalking me in your posts, your sig lines
also prove you're stalking me and others.

Trust yourself.
From: Unknown on
You had best say a prayer if you download anything from TRTs site.
Make absolutely sure you have a backup and that it works also..