From: Elliott Roper on
In article <C847C654.48D90%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>, George Kerby
<ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/22/10 11:01 PM, in article 9k03265eon987j8i97uejqcd85328ntjh0(a)4ax.com,
> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:38:31 -0400, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
> >
> >> Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:
> >>
> >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
> >
> > There are only a few submissions that I feel would make good
> > wallpaper. Good photographs...several. But, the wallpaper should be
> > - in my opinion - an image that allows an arrangement of icons that
> > are clearly visible and do not impinge of the central point of the
> > subject.
> >

> To disagree with your observations, there are two that would make a great
> background wallpaper. Elliott Roper's 'Sandpaper' and Robert Spanjaard's
> untitled bug on golden vegetation where the focus on either side of center
> is soft enough to make icons standout.

Thanks for your kind words all. It was meant to be subtle, so I figure
I owe you an explanation.

This is the shot I'm really proud of
files.me.com/elliott_roper/jte26u
Then I thought "SI wallpaper" and landscaped the camera for the
sandpaper thing.

This is a very ordinary snapshot from the same position which gives the
game away
files.me.com/elliott_roper/tfsk4x

....and here is where I took it from
files.me.com/elliott_roper/6tji8e

As you can see it was all dumb luck and spotting the clouds reflected
on the wet sandbank and those two women to give it scale.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
From: George Kerby on

On 6/23/10 2:28 PM, in article jsn426hiq8datfbvnpjb2ua168071qmg01(a)4ax.com,
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:10:28 -0500, George Kerby
> <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 6/22/10 11:01 PM, in article 9k03265eon987j8i97uejqcd85328ntjh0(a)4ax.com,

>>> There are only a few submissions that I feel would make good
>>> wallpaper. Good photographs...several. But, the wallpaper should be
>>> - in my opinion - an image that allows an arrangement of icons that
>>> are clearly visible and do not impinge of the central point of the
>>> subject.
>>>

>> To disagree with your observations, there are two that would make a great
>> background wallpaper. Elliott Roper's 'Sandpaper' and Robert Spanjaard's
>> untitled bug on golden vegetation where the focus on either side of center
>> is soft enough to make icons standout.
>
> You do not consider "only a few" to allow for the two you mention?
> Rather than disagreeing with me, you seem to be agreeing but limiting
> it even more than I am.

Well, I thought I would mention the ones that I thought very much so "filled
the bill" as wallpaper. Whereas you did not mention any, I don't think that
I am limiting anything.

> To be clear, I am not criticizing the images. Just the images as
> purpose-specific for wallpaper.

Understood.

From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 23 jun, 17:02, Neil <cral.elllwo...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:38:31 -0400, Bowser wrote:
>> > Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:
>>
>> >http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>>
>> This is a photo. group. Surely everyone here shoots their own wallpaper.
>
>Some people also like to exchange photos with others.

Some people like to steal other people's work.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Paul Furman on
tony cooper wrote:
> Bowser wrote:
>
>> Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>
> There are only a few submissions that I feel would make good
> wallpaper. Good photographs...several. But, the wallpaper should be
> - in my opinion - an image that allows an arrangement of icons that
> are clearly visible and do not impinge of the central point of the
> subject.

Tony, I'd recommend to try some other ones on your desktop, you might be
surprised. I loaded up many possibilities as actual wallpaper during the
mandate period and ended up with what I thought would be awful but it
works nicely - for me - for a while anyways... tastes, styles, needs &
moods will vary.
From: George Kerby on

On 6/23/10 10:52 PM, in article
8e2ea56d-16dc-46ac-a167-e60b36c80e48(a)j4g2000yqh.googlegroups.com,

<http://tinypic.com/r/fxqmh/6>