From: Walter Banks on
> Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper

Wallpaper seems to have a recurring outdoor theme dominated
by natural beauty. Most of the shots are filled with personal
memories, experiences or images that reflect a calm moment.
None of the wallpaper here would impact screen icons that
they need to co-exist with. Well done all.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832805
Elliott Roper Sandpaper.jpg

Nice like good wallpaper it grows on you as the subtle detail sinks in.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832806
New Orleans-02.jpg

Not actually sure who submitted this. Great shot of the
panhandler, would have made a good faces shot. As
wallpaper it lacks the depth of field that would have
drawn the viewer in on those daydreaming moments.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832807
SI-Wallpaper-Savageduck.jpg
It has all of the elements, great reflection, color, silhouette
of trees, interference patterns. I like it, well done.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832808
WALLPAPER_Walter_Banks.JPG

One of my favourite places within walking distance of
my home. Water cascading down a total of 120 feet
over about quarter a mile.

..http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832809
WALL_Bret_Douglas.jpg

Well done image of an inner world. Great detail.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832810
WAL_Robert_Spanjaard.jpg

I am not sure what makes me uncomfortable with
this shot. I find my eyes jumping around the image
from focus point to focus point and not being comfortable

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832811
WP_BobCoe.JPG

This comes across as a nice memory. I was drawn
to the figures on the beach and then left to imagine
what they are doing.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832812
WP_MarthaCoe.JPG
I would have liked more detail on the seagull

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832813
[SI]-wallpaper-sid.jpg
All of the dynamic elements of a summer storm. I like it

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832814
acaidanrockspeternewman.jpg
Sounds of the sea, you can hear the crash of the waves

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832815
desktop_Paul-Furman_PBF9600-627.jpg
This is interesting. I am not sure how to take it.
I keep being drawn back it by the detail and color
in the feathers.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832816
si_wallpaper1920x_frankess_2023.jpg
I like the fog effect on the spires but do not like the
haze on the mountains.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832817
wallpaper - first jump - cooper.jpg
You did it, freefall is over and nothing left but the
bump at the end. I would have liked to have had
more space on the left for screen icons.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832818
wallpaper_-_Bob_Flint.jpg
Almost a classic wallpaper shot. Fits the screen
nicely, leaves room for icons, has layers of detail.
Details keep drawing you back. Well done.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832819
wallpaper_TimConway.jpg
I like the way this is framed by foreground grass,
trees, icons and beach

Walter..

From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:38:31 -0400, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:

>Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:
>
>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper

Dunno what's going on, but none of these fit my 22" monitor (Samsung
SyncMaster 2253LW). I need to scroll to see the entire image on every
one.

I tested my submission, and it fits my monitor perfectly. No
scrolling required. When I click on the pBase page to see my
submission, it is larger than my screen. What was an image that left
plenty of space for icons in light-colored background areas, is now
too crowded with the jumper.

When I shot this image I forgot to set the temperature switch on my
camera, so the sky is the actual color it was in nature.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: David Ruether on

"Bowser" <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote in message

> Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper

Some nice ones. My favorites are:

Elliot Roper Sandpaper
Wal_Robert_Spanjaard
[SI]-wallpaper-sid

Others may have too much dark/light areas to back up icons,
or parts that are extraneous, or awkwardly (and annoyingly...)
tilted, overly (and unevenly across the screen) detailed, etc.,
but some of these do fall into another "2nd best" category for
me...;-)
--DR

From: Bowser on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:09:51 -0400, Walter Banks
<walter(a)bytecraft.com> wrote:

>> Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>

>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/125832806
>New Orleans-02.jpg
>
>Not actually sure who submitted this. Great shot of the
>panhandler, would have made a good faces shot. As
>wallpaper it lacks the depth of field that would have
>drawn the viewer in on those daydreaming moments.

It's mine, now renamed as Bowser.jpg...

Hey, it's baby guy. What more do you need on your desktop?
From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:36:32 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-22 06:26:41 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:
>
>> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:38:31 -0400, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
>>
>>> Come and get it, some new wallpaper for your wide screen monitor:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/wallpaper
>>

>> Dunno what's going on, but none of these fit my 22" monitor (Samsung
>> SyncMaster 2253LW). I need to scroll to see the entire image on every
>> one.
>
>Have you actually set any of the others as wallpaper on your monitor,
>or did you just view them
>in the PBase web browser?

Just the pBase browser. I don't use wallpaper, and wouldn't even use
my own submission. I use "Fences" (
http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/downloads.asp ) on my desktop
and prefer a nice, clean, imageless background.

>Is your display set at 1920 x 1200?
>Mine was submitted at 1920 x 1200. When set as wallpaper it fits fine
>on my monitor, as I am sure yours does.
>In a browser (and I checked using Safari & Chrome) at "original" size
>on PBase I have the same issue as you, and I am sure that is because
>the browser window does not cover the full screen size of a 1920 x 1200
>resolution monitor.
>So to view the full images in the PBase browser window I just set the
>viewing size at "Large" not "Original."
>

>> I tested my submission, and it fits my monitor perfectly. No
>> scrolling required. When I click on the pBase page to see my
>> submission, it is larger than my screen. What was an image that left
>> plenty of space for icons in light-colored background areas, is now
>> too crowded with the jumper.
>>
>> When I shot this image I forgot to set the temperature switch on my
>> camera, so the sky is the actual color it was in nature.
>
>I only had a meat thermometer handy, and I couldn't find a good
>insertion point on my camera. ;-)

John Sisker is looking for a insertion point in his camera. If he
forces it in, it will be a wrecktal thermometer.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida