From: Wes Groleau on
On 08-03-2010 19:51, Michelle Steiner wrote:
> If you had noticed, I waited until JR tried it first.

The reason I didn't quote you is because I was referring
to _anyone_ who would take the bait.

--
Wes Groleau

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/rulings/pants-fire/
From: Wes Groleau on
On 08-03-2010 20:38, Michelle Steiner wrote:
> In article<i3ab41$dvj$3(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Wes Groleau<Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:
>
>>> If you had noticed, I waited until JR tried it first.
>>
>> The reason I didn't quote you is because I was referring
>> to _anyone_ who would take the bait.
>
> But you replied to my message.

No one ever taught me how to reply to two messages
with one.

I removed all attribution. Not my fault you know
how to read reference headers. :-)

--
Wes Groleau

I mean, like, ya know, right?
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/WWW?itemid=100
From: Jolly Roger on
In article
<michelle-E526B9.15574203082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.e
xample.com>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article <jollyroger-FA2BDD.17314403082010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > It's just a JPEG image in a folder. No viruses detected or anything.
> > Mounting the image caused MassStorageCamera to churn for a while,
> > apparently due to some bug that the JPEG image hits. A simple force quit
> > fixed that problem. There was no noticeable slow down in overall
> > performance, and my machine did not "crash" or misbehave in any other
> > noticeable way.
>
> It didn't even cause a churn on my system.

It didn't for me either. I just noticed CPU usage for that one process
went up until I killed it.

JR
From: Jolly Roger on
In article
<michelle-22AAED.16543003082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.e
xample.com>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article
> <michelle-E526B9.15574203082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.exam
> ple.com>,
> Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:
>
> > > It's just a JPEG image in a folder. No viruses detected or anything.
> > > Mounting the image caused MassStorageCamera to churn for a while,
> > > apparently due to some bug that the JPEG image hits. A simple force
> > > quit fixed that problem. There was no noticeable slow down in overall
> > > performance, and my machine did not "crash" or misbehave in any other
> > > noticeable way.
> >
> > It didn't even cause a churn on my system.
>
> Well, it did cause a very noticeable slowdown on mine after I posted that
> reply, but it wasn't anything that a restart couldn't fix.

Not here. No restart required.

> And in retrospect, I recall having seen that problem with that particular
> graphic quite a number of years ago.

I recall something like this years ago as well. I don't know if it was
the same graphic or the same process though.

JR
From: Jolly Roger on
In article
<michelle-C1BB5E.16510303082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.e
xample.com>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article <i3a9gl$5l9$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Wes Groleau <Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:
>
> > I find it fascinating that someone could promise that
> > an action would crash your computer, and you would do
> > that action merely to prove him wrong.
>
> If you had noticed, I waited until JR tried it first.

I am the daring type. I'm also a software dev. ; )

You are welcome. : )

JR