From: o//annabee on
P? Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:29:26 +0100, skrev Dragontamer <prtiglao(a)gmail.com>:

> o//annabee wrote:
>> P? Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:49:51 +0100, skrev randyhyde(a)earthlink.net
>> <randyhyde(a)earthlink.net>:
>>

>> > o//annabee wrote:
>> > so

>> link.
>> >
>> > No.
>> > Just go to the HLA downloads page. Download the HLA examples. There
>> > you've find lots of non-trivial applications written in assembly
>> > language. At the link you've listed are *some* of them, but by no
>> means
>> > most of them or the majority of them. But you can start with
>> HLABasic.
>> > It's certainly a non-trivial app. Then you might move on to AGE. When
>> > you get through those, and understand them completely, come back and
>> > I'll tell you about more.
>>
>> Lol. When I get through them and understand them completly?
>>
>> Those are written in HLA ? Anyway I can find them. But if true, HLA,
>> then
>> they are NOT assembly applications. Trivial maybe.
>
> Here we go again; arguing what an assembly language is instead of
> saying why RosAsm is better than HLA or whatever.

Theres to much, to _repeat_

> Wannabie; stop worrying *what* an assembly language is, and start
> thinking how RosAsm is better than HLA.

If we compare RosAsm to NASM, I can say that NASM has ok syntax. But the
real diffrence is the insane speed you can work at with RosAsm.

> God Damn.

> If a friken name means that much to you, then fine; I'll agree. Randall
> isn't
> teaching assembly programming, but "HLA programming", if it makes a
> difference.

Yes, take it to another N.G.

> And if you don't wanna call it "HLA programming" then call it whatever
> you want.

alt.lang.suiside.with.hla

> A name is a name. A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.

Stink.

> Don't
> judge a book by its cover. Etc. Etc. Etc.

If Randall own words are anything to judge by, then his textconverter is
garbage.
So much so, that I feel in need to go out to the kitchen right now, and
ask the garbage for forgiveness.

:)

From: o//annabee on
P? Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:22:22 +0100, skrev <rhyde(a)cs.ucr.edu>:

> So when you ask some *real* questions about those apps, that indicate
> you've actually *read* the code (which is what you've been asking for),
> we can move forward.

I dont read code for an app that I havent seen run first. And I cannot
find any apps on your page that is written in assembly. You said there
should be six of them?

I cant find them. Please supply direct links.

From: Frank Kotler on
o//annabee wrote:

> I dont read code for an app that I havent seen run first.

I don't run an app I haven't read the source code to! :)
(not literally true, of course)

> And I cannot
> find any apps on your page that is written in assembly. You said there
> should be six of them?
>
> I cant find them. Please supply direct links.

Since you seem to find links challenging, I could post some of Randy's
code here. Since you RosAsm guys seem impressed by tonnage, I'll just
pick the six biggest ones. Shall I do that?

Best,
Frank
From: Frank Kotler on
o//annabee wrote:

>> LISA had a heck of a lot more users in 1979, back when computer
>> companies selling 100,000 systems was considered *very* good, than
>> you're likely to *ever* have with RosAsm. And considering that LISA was
>> selling for $35 while you're giving your product away, that's pretty
>> sad that you have so few users.
>

> "Ah, some 100 years ago I created a non-trivial text adventure physics
> engine "!

While I can't find an actual copy of LISA anywhere, she left some
footprints...

<http://www.apple2.org.za/mirrors/apple2.caltech.edu/8bit/dev/lisa/lisa.readme>

What was the name of your app?

Best,
Frank
From: o//annabee on
P? Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:58:56 +0100, skrev Frank Kotler
<fbkotler(a)comcast.net>:

> o//annabee wrote:
>
>> I dont read code for an app that I havent seen run first.
>
> I don't run an app I haven't read the source code to! :)
> (not literally true, of course)
>
>> And I cannot find any apps on your page that is written in assembly.
>> You said there should be six of them?
>> I cant find them. Please supply direct links.
>
> Since you seem to find links challenging, I could post some of Randy's
> code here. Since you RosAsm guys seem impressed by tonnage, I'll just
> pick the six biggest ones. Shall I do that?

Why not. I am all for surprices.