From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 11:27:36 +0000, Mike Warren wrote:

> Robert Spanjaard wrote:
>
>>>Gallery2 seems to meet all your requirements. Dynamic resizing is not
>>>available on all themes, though. But if you're not as (un)skilled as
>>>your wife, there's nothing that stops you from copying the required
>>>code to your favorite theme.
>>>
>>>http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:Download
>>
>>And you might want to check your hoster's options before installing it
>>yourself. I see that ixwebhosting.com does support "Photo Galleries",
>>but it doesn't list which ones. My hoster
>>(<http://www.flexwebhosting.com>, the site is in Dutch only) has
>>Gallery2 pre-installed, so all I needed to do was tick a checkbox to put
>>it on my site.
>>
>>http://www.flexwebhosting.nl/index.php/cst/?id=13
>
> I've had both Gallery and Gallery2 working on my site. I must have
> missed the auto sizing themes on G2. I don't remember if there was
> anything else I didn't like about G2, so I'll revisit it.

I know for sure that the Hybrid theme supports it, as I just tried it in
the demo on their site.

http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:Themes:hybrid

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: Joe Makowiec on
On 08 Aug 2010 in rec.photo.digital, Mike Warren wrote:

> I have been on the lookout for some software web gallery software for
> several years, but everything I find has things I don't like.
>
> These are the main things I'm after:

.... etc

You're on an Apache server, so you probably have PHP available. Two PHP
photo galleries are Singapore (http://www.sgal.org/) and Coppermine
(http://coppermine-gallery.net/). They both require a little setup,
though not much, and should offer most if not all of your requirements,
including that they're both GPLed*.

Otherwise do a web search for 'php photo gallery'.

* http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
From: M-M on
In article <xn0gxofhzbentg00l(a)news.aioe.org>,
"Mike Warren" <miwa-not-this-bit(a)or-this-csas.net.au> wrote:

> I have been on the lookout for some software web gallery software for
> several years, but everything I find has things I don't like.

Photoshop Elements does a pretty good job.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
From: Dave Cohen on
On 8/8/2010 11:40 PM, Mike Warren wrote:
> tony cooper wrote:
>
>> To narrow down your requirements, have you considered replacing your
>> current wife with one that is more computer savvy?
>
> LOL! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion. :-)

If that gorgeous looking gal is your wife, and the guy with the beard is
you, be careful who replaces what.
Seriously, I can't help with software suggestions, but I did enjoy
browsing your site, you have some nice pics there. Good luck with your
search.
From: Mike Warren on
Dave Cohen wrote:

>On 8/8/2010 11:40 PM, Mike Warren wrote:
>>tony cooper wrote:
>>
>>>To narrow down your requirements, have you considered replacing your
>>>current wife with one that is more computer savvy?
>>
>>LOL! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion. :-)
>>

>If that gorgeous looking gal is your wife, and the guy with the beard is
>you, be careful who replaces what.

No. There are no pictures of me or my wife on my web site.

>Seriously, I can't help with software suggestions, but I did enjoy
>browsing your site, you have some nice pics there. Good luck with your
>search.

Thanks. :-)

--
- Mike