From: another Dan on
Gentlemen, thank you both.

Could anyone recommend a way to have the browser load its page as soon as
the slide opens, and not display anything until the page is loaded? Or
display something innocuous until the desired page is loaded?

Many thanks!

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <54408303-D169-4B01-90D4-3060F4B98202(a)microsoft.com>, Shyam Pillai
wrote:
> > So suppose you put an image atop the control then have the code in your
> > button make
> > the image invisible after allowing time for the URL to load.
>
> That won't work since in PPT 2007 all activex controls are on top in terms
> of Z-order.

So make the AX control invisible, allowing the picture to show, and make it
visible again only once the needed URL has loaded? Better? ;-)

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <65368E4A-7884-4F8C-A2C1-878573905203(a)microsoft.com>, Another Dan
wrote:
> Gentlemen, thank you both.
>
> Could anyone recommend a way to have the browser load its page as soon as
> the slide opens, and not display anything until the page is loaded? Or
> display something innocuous until the desired page is loaded?

Depending on how your slide navigation is set up, it might be enough to put a
button on the previous slide that triggers the browser control, waits until the
page is loaded and then goes to the next slide.

From: another Dan on
Thanks for the additional suggestions!

Experimented with making the browser ax control visible/invisible, but
without success. Defeated by my ignorance, I'm afraid.

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <6E9994E0-4ACE-4E2E-85B6-0C173CCD613E(a)microsoft.com>, Another Dan
wrote:
> Thanks for the additional suggestions!
>
> Experimented with making the browser ax control visible/invisible, but
> without success. Defeated by my ignorance, I'm afraid.

Assuming the shape's name is WebBrowser1 (it will be by default) and that it's on
Slide 1:

With ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes("WebBrowser1")
.Visible = Not .Visible
End With