From: another Dan another on
Greetings!
PPT 2007
Have embedded a web browser object in a couple of slides, in order to
display html files stored locally. The files load correctly when a button on
the slide is clicked. My problem is that in the period after arriving at the
slide and before this button gets clicked, the browser displays the contents
of the directory where the file resides. A blank screen, or some placeholder
or other would be fine, but the list of files looks pretty ugly...
Any assistance would be warmly appreciated!

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <2CFD4B87-17C5-44C8-9F56-59E6DAF5752A(a)microsoft.com>, Another Dan
wrote:
> Greetings!
> PPT 2007
> Have embedded a web browser object in a couple of slides, in order to
> display html files stored locally. The files load correctly when a button on
> the slide is clicked. My problem is that in the period after arriving at the
> slide and before this button gets clicked, the browser displays the contents
> of the directory where the file resides. A blank screen, or some placeholder
> or other would be fine, but the list of files looks pretty ugly...
> Any assistance would be warmly appreciated!

What does the button do, exactly?

I'm wondering if the default URL for the control points to the directory where
your HTML file is stored, so the control displays the directory until it's told
to display a specific file.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: another Dan on
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply!

I followed the guidance on a MS reference page (Article ID: 291926) using an
action button to load a web page. The suggested code was:

Sub go2URL()
Dim varURL As Variant

varURL = "http://www.microsoft.com"
WebBrowser1.Navigate varURL
End Sub

I adjusted the destination to the actual html file:
varURL = "file:///C:/.../....html"

This works well enough, but displays the contents of the folder just above
the folder containing the html file (perhaps because the pptm resides there,
at the moment?). Not elegant.

It would be even better to load the desired page as soon as the slide opens,
but that wasn't the hint I found. ☺

(Was attempting to get around having to rely on the excellent LiveWeb
utility kindly made available by Shyam Pillai, because it needs to be loaded
on each machine that runs the presentation.)

Any suggestions warmly welcomed!

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <52820C1F-B8C0-41FF-9DD1-6553B7489DDD(a)microsoft.com>, Another Dan wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> I followed the guidance on a MS reference page (Article ID: 291926) using an
> action button to load a web page. The suggested code was:
>
> Sub go2URL()
> Dim varURL As Variant
>
> varURL = "http://www.microsoft.com"
> WebBrowser1.Navigate varURL
> End Sub
>
> I adjusted the destination to the actual html file:
> varURL = "file:///C:/.../....html"
>
> This works well enough, but displays the contents of the folder just above
> the folder containing the html file (perhaps because the pptm resides there,
> at the moment?). Not elegant.

Perhaps the web control is either displaying the current directory (ie, whatever PPT
and Windows have opened last, which might explain why it's the PPTM's directory).

So suppose you put an image atop the control then have the code in your button make
the image invisible after allowing time for the URL to load.

From: Shyam Pillai on
> So suppose you put an image atop the control then have the code in your
> button make
> the image invisible after allowing time for the URL to load.

That won't work since in PPT 2007 all activex controls are on top in terms
of Z-order.

Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Handout Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/how