From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Notwithstanding rust, which would be caused by bad
>garaging procedures,

Bad garaging experience? Could you explain that a bit more? Those
parts of Canada which have a lot of salt dumped on the roads because
of snow removal techniques would surely like to know the answer.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Ralph on
Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
> MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Notwithstanding rust, which would be caused by bad
>> garaging procedures,
>
> Bad garaging experience? Could you explain that a bit more? Those
> parts of Canada which have a lot of salt dumped on the roads because
> of snow removal techniques would surely like to know the answer.

Perhaps he means that vehicles, top and bottom, should be spray-washed with
fresh water and then forced-air dried as a part of the "garaging" process?
Or maybe not having a garage?

In any case it seems everything except rust can be blamed on evil
Capitalists. Rust apparently is still the responsibility of the owner.

-ralph

From: Nobody on
"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> MM <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Notwithstanding rust, which would be caused by bad
>>garaging procedures,
>
> Bad garaging experience? Could you explain that a bit more? Those
> parts of Canada which have a lot of salt dumped on the roads because
> of snow removal techniques would surely like to know the answer.

Off topic: Maybe he meant humidity control.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
It happens that MM formulated :
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:15:29 -0800, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Office, afterall,
>> achieved "Good Enough" eight or ten years ago.
>
> Huh, I'm still using Word 97.

Nothing wrong with that. Although I found incremental improvements up
to about Office 2003. Basically, you just say I'm being overly
understated, which I suppose I should take in a positive way coming
from a Brit. <g>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM wrote :
>> The big difference is, cars *do* wear out.
>
> Nope. Even that statement is not necessarily true. Cars can be
> repaired. Most *every*thing can be repaired if it was designed right
> in the first place.

The operative word there is *can*. Software is like Superman -
invulnerable. Except to MS-Kryptonite.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org