From: Dee Earley on
On 03/02/2010 13:54, Mike Williams wrote:
> "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
>
>> I know, . . . For VB6 is that the
>> microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion newsgroup
>
> Is that a question or an answer? If it is a question then please
> rephrase it so that we will know what you are actually asking and if it
> is an answer then please tell us what it is the answer to.

It made sense to me..
For cars, there are 3rd parties that support old models when the
manufacturer won't anymore.
For VB, there is this group for when MS stopped supporting (development
using) vb6.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Mike Williams on
"Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote in message

> It made sense to me..
> For cars, there are 3rd parties that support old models
> when the manufacturer won't anymore. For VB, there is
> this group for when MS stopped supporting (development using) vb6.

Well that's what I thought he meant, but I wasn't sure whether he was being
sarcastic or not and so I politely asked him what he meant and he responded
with the one word answer, "Nope", which did not make any sense at all in
terms of the question I had asked him.

Mike

From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
You are just to suspicious, there are many decent persons here in this
newsgroup, who have a high standard of correct communication and a high
knowledge about everything from VB and especially VB6.

A pity is that there are also some, who are keeping a kind of hate to
everybody who has not the same idea as them. They try to get acknowledge of
their thinking.

Those who don't have the same idea as them are not argued with facts, but
with a kind of childish way of giving names.

They don't see that the group who has the same opinion as them is very small
and becomes even every day smaller.

This behaviour makes that this newsgroup has become an example of a bad
newsgroup.

To give you an example, I seldom agree with what Bill McCarthy writes, we
have opposite ideas about for what a program language is meant. I disagree
many times with Tom Shelton but we do that in a respectful way. Here in this
newsgroup you and your friends have make a kind of union from us.

Cor

From: Mike Williams on

> You are just to suspicious, there are many decent persons
> here in this newsgroup, who have a high standard of correct
> communication and a high knowledge about everything from
> VB and especially VB6. A pity is that there are also some,
> who are keeping a kind of hate to everybody who has not
> the same idea as them.

It's not hatred, Cor. Don't be so touchy. I don't hate you. In fact I think
you're quite funny. It is actually healthy disagreement with the views of
people such as yourself who believe that this is the place to post
evangelistic comments about a completely different language which has
nothing to do with this group and which in fact has its own specific group
on the Micro$oft servers. You are not the worst of those offenders of
course, in fact you are one of the least troublesome of them, but you are
one of them nonetheless.

Mike

From: MM on
On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:51:07 -0000, "Mike Williams"
<Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

>"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
>
>> You are just to suspicious, there are many decent persons
>> here in this newsgroup, who have a high standard of correct
>> communication and a high knowledge about everything from
>> VB and especially VB6. A pity is that there are also some,
>> who are keeping a kind of hate to everybody who has not
>> the same idea as them.
>
>It's not hatred, Cor. Don't be so touchy. I don't hate you. In fact I think
>you're quite funny. It is actually healthy disagreement with the views of
>people such as yourself who believe that this is the place to post
>evangelistic comments about a completely different language which has
>nothing to do with this group and which in fact has its own specific group
>on the Micro$oft servers. You are not the worst of those offenders of
>course, in fact you are one of the least troublesome of them, but you are
>one of them nonetheless.
>
>Mike

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill! Honestly, is this all
still going because I merely offered a brief sentiment in regard to
..Nxt (see? Even I have now started to use .Nxt so I don't get arrested
by the Thought Police...)

MM