From: Phil Allison on

<Leon(a)nospam.com>
"Phil Allison"

>>> Yes, it all depends on the quality of the water. I was brought a 2-way
>>> "lunchbox" radio once and it was totally shot.
>>
>> ** See the first two words in my post - Leon ??
>>

> Yes I did Phil.

** But you ignored them anyway ??

Here they are again: " Audio electronics... "

> Are you aware that 2-way radios employ audio circuitry,

** But are not an example " Audio electronics " at all.

No more so than a TV set or mobile phones is.

> and are often used at live sound events,

** So are all kinds of devices that are not " Audio electronics " .

Please do not make me have to correct you again.

..... Phil

From: Denny Strauser on
Leon(a)nospam.com wrote:
> Yes I did Phil. <snipped> perhaps a good proctologist could remove that pickle...

I wouldn't touch this with .... a ten foot "pickle."
LMAO
-Denny
From: bob u on
On 6/19/2010 10:46 PM, Denny Strauser wrote:
> Leon(a)nospam.com wrote:
>> Yes I did Phil. <snipped> perhaps a good proctologist could remove
>> that pickle...
>
> I wouldn't touch this with .... a ten foot "pickle."
> LMAO
> -Denny
Some rigger somewhere is standing next to a chain motor box wondering
where the pickle went.... Don't ask... don't tell...

bob
From: liquidator on

"Phil Allison" <phil_a(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> <Leon(a)nospam.com>
>
>> Phil Allison
>>
>>>** Audio electronics that has been submerged in muddy water ( not salt )
>>>is
>>>mostly fully recoverable - it just needs to be thoroughly washed and
>>>made
>>>clean again. The important thing is that it is immediately rinsed out
>>>with
>>>clean water then dried in the sun or with hot air.
>>>
>>>One of my customers had almost his entire hire stock submerged in a flood
>>>about 15 years ago - some things he just hosed off, dried out and used
>>>again.
>>>
>>>I got to see a couple of large MOSFET power amps and also some radio mic
>>>receivers and body pack transmitters that were half full of dried mud.
>>>
>>>Using only a garden hose, various small paint brushes, hot water,
>>>detergent
>>>and lotsa patience all of them were restored to perfect working order and
>>>condition.
>>>
>>>The only significant damage was to the switches on the body pack
>>>transmitters - there had been a fresh 9V battery inside at the time of
>>>the
>>>flood and current flowing through the muddy water had eaten the plating
>>>away
>>>on the contacts.
>>>

>> Yes, it all depends on the quality of the water. I was brought a 2-way
>> "lunchbox" radio once and it was totally shot.
>
> ** See the first two words in my post - Leon ??
>

>> This type of radio had a battery pack with
>> 11 D cells in it,
>

> ** That is the issue, not the fact that it got wet.
>
> Things like mobile phones, PDAs, laptops etc are in a whole nuther
> category far as recovery after being submerged is concerned.
>
> Cos the VERY FIRST thing you must do is get the unit out of the water
> immediately and get that damn battery pack OUT of it !!!
>

> .... Phil

100% spot on Phil.

I lost an expensive camera overboad a couple decades ago.

The repair shop's advice? get the battery pack out, then put it back in
distilled water and bring it to us.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Fair price for sound engineer