From: Phildo on

"Denny Strauser" <dsdennysound(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> Just imagine a "in ears " app for iphone like devices so musos can tweek
>> thier own mixes :-)
>> George
>

> I did a show a couple years go with Adrian Belew, and each member of the
> band had a small ethernet-connected work station to adjust their own
> monitor mix.

I'm doing that with the system I am putting together at the moment. It's all
based around the A&H iLive system. Monitors are done from an R72 desk but
each musician has a PL10 remote on their mic stand to enable them to make
adjustments mid-gig without having to get Joe's attention, leaving him free
to tune guitars etc.

Whole idea of the system is that we can tour needing a couple of power
outlets from the venue while giving them a LR feed. Desk, mics, stands,
cables etc all travel with us.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

"liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
> Another Kentucky whiskey man I see...

Did you know that the Jack Daniels distillery is in a dry county and they
are only allowed to sell one type of small bottle of it in their souvenir
shop as a "promotional item"?

Phildo

From: Denny Strauser on
Phildo wrote:
> "liquidator" <mikeh(a)mad.scientist.com> wrote in message
>> Another Kentucky whiskey man I see...
>
> Did you know that the Jack Daniels distillery is in a dry county and they
> are only allowed to sell one type of small bottle of it in their souvenir
> shop as a "promotional item"?

But you can't drink it until you leave. The History Channel had a show
on distilleries, and the host of the show was given a sample in a small
bottle, but wasn't allowed to taste it. My guess is, when the camera was
turned off ..... rules are made to be broken ...
- Denny
From: Steve M on

"Phildo" wrote
> Did you know that the Jack Daniels distillery is in a dry county and they
> are only allowed to sell one type of small bottle of it in their souvenir
> shop as a "promotional item"?

JD is my choice when it comes to hard liquor. Can't understand
those who mix it with Coca Cola. An insult to a fine whiskey.

--
Steve McQ
"Make mine a double"

From: JWald on

----
"Steve M" <mcsteve1350x(a)verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Phildo" wrote
>> Did you know that the Jack Daniels distillery is in a dry county and they
>> are only allowed to sell one type of small bottle of it in their souvenir
>> shop as a "promotional item"?
>>

> JD is my choice when it comes to hard liquor. Can't understand
> those who mix it with Coca Cola. An insult to a fine whiskey.
>
> --
> Steve McQ
> "Make mine a double"

My fave is Crown Royal. I agree with the Coke comment as well. I used to mix
it until the early '70's when I was out after work one night. I had one
mixed drink and the bartender shut me off. I protested and he told me I was
wasting good whiskey. He suggested on the rocks with a twist. If I didn't
like it I would drink free all night. Well,... I liked it.

--
J Wald
--

 |  Next  |  Last