From: Cronos on
Jerry Peters wrote:

> Smart people? You certainly wouldn't know it looking at Windows.
>
> Sorry, but appeals to authority will only get you so far. Evidence
> would be a lot better.
>
> Jerry

Unfounded trolling will get you no where with me.

*plonk*
From: Cronos on
David Brown wrote:

> I am /not/ saying that they are always wrong. But you must be very
> na�ve to assume that what they say is right, without looking for
> independent confirmation or proof.
>
> It is generally true that defragging will be faster if the last time you
> ran it was a week ago rather than two months ago. But the total time
> wasted on weekly defrags over those two months is much more than the
> time wasted for a single defrag once every two months. But whether you
> do it once a week or every second month, it is still wasted time.

On Vista and Win7 it does it in the background so there is no lost time!
Looks like you are the gullible one that needs to do some research and
not me. Stop parroting what you read in this forum from long time trolls
and you might learn something.
From: Cronos on
Rod Speed wrote:

> Nope, the fools that decide the defaults cant grasp the basics, that unless the user
> can detect the difference that defragging makes, there isnt any point in doing it.

Can you visually detect when one jet is doing 400 knots and the other is
doing 450 knots? Your theory is like Swiss cheese.
From: Cronos on
Bilky White wrote:

> Wise words. And that is also why you should never bother to change the
> oil in your car engine either.

Or change your underwear.
From: Cronos on
David Brown wrote:

> Defragging doesn't, no matter how long you leave it - except perhaps in
> that the increased wear and tear on the disk due to unnecessary
> defragging may lower its lifetime.

Bullshit meter.

(/)