From: Cronos on
Rod Speed wrote:
>you never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

I think the needle is stuck because you have been using that exact same
line for at least 15 years now. Time to find a new bag of twicks.
From: Cronos on
David Brown wrote:

> You play the troll well, then - some people really do think that regular
> defragging makes a real difference, so it is difficult to tell. I
> understand that some people like intentionally provoking Rod (I can't
> deny having been a little impolite to him myself on occasion), but
> remember there are people out there (the OP, for example) who might read
> some of these posts and then think that defragging actually matters, and
> hope to learn something here.

Well, I it doesn't hurt to defrag on occasion but I do disable the task
in Vista and Win7 from doing it once per week. I've used a few of the
commercial 3rd party defrag tools in the past and I have to admit I have
never noticed any benefit from them even thought they claim their appp
will turn my PC into a speed demon.
From: Cronos on
Rod Speed wrote:

> Silly little children dont qualify for anything new, fuckwit child.

Rod Speed is a bot and not a real person.
From: David Brown on
Cronos wrote:
> David Brown wrote:
>
>> You play the troll well, then - some people really do think that
>> regular defragging makes a real difference, so it is difficult to
>> tell. I understand that some people like intentionally provoking Rod
>> (I can't deny having been a little impolite to him myself on
>> occasion), but remember there are people out there (the OP, for
>> example) who might read some of these posts and then think that
>> defragging actually matters, and hope to learn something here.
>
> Well, I it doesn't hurt to defrag on occasion but I do disable the task
> in Vista and Win7 from doing it once per week. I've used a few of the
> commercial 3rd party defrag tools in the past and I have to admit I have
> never noticed any benefit from them even thought they claim their appp
> will turn my PC into a speed demon.

I have occasionally run defragging myself, but not for a long time. I
found that staring at the defragmenter very hypnotic!
From: Cronos on
David Brown wrote:

> I have occasionally run defragging myself, but not for a long time. I
> found that staring at the defragmenter very hypnotic!

I know. When a friend of mine got his first PC back in 1993 the first
thing he showed me was the defragmenter. We sat there and watched the
little blocks moving for at least 2 hours. :)