From: Cronos on
Rod Speed wrote:

> So what are fools that lie about their killfiles ?

Someone not foolish enough to actually care about using killfiles.
From: Cronos on
David Brown wrote:

> Defragging in the hope of speeding up a machine is like the people who
> pay most of the price of a good PC to upgrade their 3.4 GHz processor to
> 3.6 GHz.

No, I occasionally defrag just because it is good housekeeping and I
like playing program manager. I like to wind up overly serious self
important twats on Usenet too. Rod Speed is always good for a chuckle or
two.
From: Cronos on
Trent wrote:

> That makes sense. Must be senility or Alzheimers, then.

Dementia.
From: Cronos on
Bilky White wrote:
>Most people KF him
> but I personally find his rants hugely entertaining.

Same here, and I only posted in this thread to wind old Roddy up and
don't care how often or not other people defrag.
From: David Brown on
Cronos wrote:
> David Brown wrote:
>
>> Defragging in the hope of speeding up a machine is like the people who
>> pay most of the price of a good PC to upgrade their 3.4 GHz processor
>> to 3.6 GHz.
>
> No, I occasionally defrag just because it is good housekeeping and I
> like playing program manager. I like to wind up overly serious self
> important twats on Usenet too. Rod Speed is always good for a chuckle or
> two.

You play the troll well, then - some people really do think that regular
defragging makes a real difference, so it is difficult to tell. I
understand that some people like intentionally provoking Rod (I can't
deny having been a little impolite to him myself on occasion), but
remember there are people out there (the OP, for example) who might read
some of these posts and then think that defragging actually matters, and
hope to learn something here.