From: Mark on
Noticed recently that when composing texts I'd get a red underline on
misspelled words. Now I've just found out that if you double-tap a word when
composing (in most applications it seems) you get a cut/copy/paste/replace
pop-up with alternate word suggestions/spellings! Very useful indeed! An iOS4
thing I assume?

Cheers ... Mark

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:35:15 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>Noticed recently that when composing texts I'd get a red underline on
>misspelled words. Now I've just found out that if you double-tap a word when
>composing (in most applications it seems) you get a cut/copy/paste/replace
>pop-up with alternate word suggestions/spellings! Very useful indeed! An iOS4
>thing I assume?

Yep, came in with iOS4.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"I did not attend his funeral, but I wrote a nice letter saying
I approved of it." - Mark Twain
From: James Dore on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:43:41 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh
<jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:35:15 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Noticed recently that when composing texts I'd get a red underline on
>> misspelled words. Now I've just found out that if you double-tap a word
>> when
>> composing (in most applications it seems) you get a
>> cut/copy/paste/replace
>> pop-up with alternate word suggestions/spellings! Very useful indeed!
>> An iOS4
>> thing I assume?
>
> Yep, came in with iOS4.

And iOS 3.2 on the iPad.

From: Graeme on
In message <op.vgszvx02jrtqts(a)terao.new.ox.ac.uk>
"James Dore" <james.dore(a)new.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:43:41 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh
> <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:35:15 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Noticed recently that when composing texts I'd get a red underline on
> > > misspelled words. Now I've just found out that if you double-tap a word
> > > when composing (in most applications it seems) you get a
> > > cut/copy/paste/replace pop-up with alternate word
> > > suggestions/spellings! Very useful indeed! An iOS4 thing I assume?
> >
> > Yep, came in with iOS4.
>
> And iOS 3.2 on the iPad.

Ooh, so it does, nice.

--
Graeme Wall

My genealogy website <www.greywall.demon.co.uk/genealogy/>
From: Chris Ridd on
On 2010-08-02 11:26:29 +0100, Tim Hodgson said:

> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:35:15 +0100, Mark <captain.black(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Noticed recently that when composing texts I'd get a red underline on
>>> misspelled words. Now I've just found out that if you double-tap a word when
>>> composing (in most applications it seems) you get a cut/copy/paste/replace
>>> pop-up with alternate word suggestions/spellings! Very useful indeed! An iOS4
>>> thing I assume?
>>
>> Yep, came in with iOS4.
>
> Is there any way to disable that red underline? Irritates the hell out
> of me...

Learn to spell? :-)
--
Chris