From: Noons on
On Jun 20, 11:05 pm, Robert Coe <b...(a)1776.COM> wrote:

> I don't think DMac has been seen on any of the photography newsgroups for well
> over a year. IIRC, his last post hinted that he was having a recurrence of his
> back problem and might have to have surgery again.

He had surgery about a year ago and since then hasn't been seen
online.
But of course the trolls impersonating him haven't stopped.
One only wishes they'd also undergo surgery. Terminal...
From: Atheist Chaplain on
"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:35:53 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous <cripto(a)ecn.org>
> wrote:
> : Doug McDonald?
>
> I had just had the same thought a half hour ago. So I Googled his Web
> site. It
> appears that his company has been bought out by some national chain, but
> DMac's name (in several permutations, as always) is still scattered
> through
> the site. The site itself seems to have improved a bit and is missing some
> of
> the garish pictures (like the one of the bride standing next to a file
> cabinet). But there are several dangling links, and there's little that's
> particularly recent.
>
> I don't think DMac has been seen on any of the photography newsgroups for
> well
> over a year. IIRC, his last post hinted that he was having a recurrence of
> his
> back problem and might have to have surgery again.
>
> Bob

what national chain would that be (just curious)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

From: Robert Coe on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:53:36 +1000, "Atheist Chaplain" <abused(a)cia.gov> wrote:
: "Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
: news:fj3s16hc88558dd64cd6c1mk47n2qrhge3(a)4ax.com...
: > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:35:53 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous <cripto(a)ecn.org>
: > wrote:
: > : Doug McDonald?
: >
: > I had just had the same thought a half hour ago. So I Googled his Web
: > site. It appears that his company has been bought out by some national
: > chain, but DMac's name (in several permutations, as always) is still
: > scattered through the site. The site itself seems to have improved a
: > bit and is missing some of the garish pictures (like the one of the
: > bride standing next to a file cabinet). But there are several dangling
: > links, and there's little that's particularly recent.
: >
: > I don't think DMac has been seen on any of the photography newsgroups
: > for well over a year. IIRC, his last post hinted that he was having a
: > recurrence of his back problem and might have to have surgery again.
: >
: > Bob
:
: what national chain would that be (just curious)

"Ryadia Pty Ltd" of Birkdale Queensland. "A suburb of Redlands City." As I
read it more closely, I suspect that the appropriate term may be "regional"
rather than "national".

Bob
From: Atheist Chaplain on
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:53:36 +1000, "Atheist Chaplain" <abused(a)cia.gov>
> wrote:
> : "Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
> : news:fj3s16hc88558dd64cd6c1mk47n2qrhge3(a)4ax.com...
> : > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:35:53 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous <cripto(a)ecn.org>
> : > wrote:
> : > : Doug McDonald?
> : >
> : > I had just had the same thought a half hour ago. So I Googled his Web
> : > site. It appears that his company has been bought out by some national
> : > chain, but DMac's name (in several permutations, as always) is still
> : > scattered through the site. The site itself seems to have improved a
> : > bit and is missing some of the garish pictures (like the one of the
> : > bride standing next to a file cabinet). But there are several dangling
> : > links, and there's little that's particularly recent.
> : >
> : > I don't think DMac has been seen on any of the photography newsgroups
> : > for well over a year. IIRC, his last post hinted that he was having a
> : > recurrence of his back problem and might have to have surgery again.
> : >
> : > Bob
> :
> : what national chain would that be (just curious)
>
> "Ryadia Pty Ltd" of Birkdale Queensland. "A suburb of Redlands City." As I
> read it more closely, I suspect that the appropriate term may be
> "regional"
> rather than "national".
>
> Bob

Ryadia is just another in the long line of business names Douggie has used
:-)

From: Chrlz on
On Jun 20, 6:35 pm, Anonymous <cri...(a)ecn.org> wrote:
> Doug McDonald?

For quite a while he was over at dpreview's forums under several names
(of course) including 'Lone Dingo', 'Pelicano', and 'WNPMedia'. Don't
know if he's still there, but you couldn't miss his style if you
happened upon any of those folk's postings..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1014&message=34827965&q=pelicano&qf=m

(grin) Read the whole thread if you want to 'enjoy' the good ole
days...