From: Anonymous on
Doug McDonald?

From: Pete D on

"Anonymous" <cripto(a)ecn.org> wrote in message
> Doug McDonald?

Last posted about three days ago, something about inkjet ink.

From: Robert Coe on
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:35:53 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous <cripto(a)ecn.org> wrote:
: Doug McDonald?

I had just had the same thought a half hour ago. So I Googled his Web site. It
appears that his company has been bought out by some national chain, but
DMac's name (in several permutations, as always) is still scattered through
the site. The site itself seems to have improved a bit and is missing some of
the garish pictures (like the one of the bride standing next to a file
cabinet). But there are several dangling links, and there's little that's
particularly recent.

I don't think DMac has been seen on any of the photography newsgroups for well
over a year. IIRC, his last post hinted that he was having a recurrence of his
back problem and might have to have surgery again.

Bob
From: Robert Coe on
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:18:37 +1000, "Pete D" <no(a)email.com> wrote:
:
: "Anonymous" <cripto(a)ecn.org> wrote in message
: news:20100620083553.C6CD81A8230(a)www.ecn.org...
: > Doug McDonald?
: >
:
: Last posted about three days ago, something about inkjet ink.

Different Doug. "Anonymous" is probably referring to Douglas St. James
MacDonald ("DMac") of Brisbane, Australia, who used to be a regular in the
photography newsgroups but has not been heard from lately.

Bob
From: Pete D on

"Robert Coe" <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:18:37 +1000, "Pete D" <no(a)email.com> wrote:
> :
> : "Anonymous" <cripto(a)ecn.org> wrote in message
> : news:20100620083553.C6CD81A8230(a)www.ecn.org...
> : > Doug McDonald?
> : >
> :
> : Last posted about three days ago, something about inkjet ink.
>
> Different Doug. "Anonymous" is probably referring to Douglas St. James
> MacDonald ("DMac") of Brisbane, Australia, who used to be a regular in the
> photography newsgroups but has not been heard from lately.
>
> Bob

So why would the OP not ask for D-Mac, how dare he confuse me.... ;-)

I suspect you are right, I did hear quite some time back that he was
sometimes on one of the many photo forums somewhere.

Pete