From: MitchAlsup on
On Apr 1, 1:07 pm, glen herrmannsfeldt <g...(a)ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> The explanation I have seen for the CDB, common data bus, was
> that results come out broadcast to all possible destinations.

Do you realize that the length of this bus and the number of
destination nodes was one of the reasons the IBM machine topped out at
60ns while the CDC machines topped out at 27.5ns and could deliver 4
result (and one load) per cycle (as catch-up bandwidth).

Mitch

From: Robert Myers on
On Apr 1, 10:05 pm, "Andy \"Krazy\" Glew" <ag-n...(a)patten-glew.net>
wrote:

> Myself, I thought it was obvious.

There's your problem right there, Andy. Everyone else will say:

1. It's already been done (heard way too many times in this forum).

2. It was obvious (emphasis on the past tense).

People answering either (1) or (2) assume that everything that can be
thought of is already in textbooks. That's how they got to where they
are.

Robert.

From: MitchAlsup on
On Apr 1, 9:05 pm, "Andy \"Krazy\" Glew" <ag-n...(a)patten-glew.net>
wrote:
> I also talked to Mitch about it at around that time, although he was preoccupied with spreadsheets for the

Any chance you could complete this sentance?

Perhaps from {88100, 88110, 88120, crazy, insane, Asilomar
participants, Hot Chips participants, all of the preceeding?}

Mitch
From: KJ on
On Apr 1, 10:20 pm, Robert Myers <rbmyers...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 10:05 pm, "Andy \"Krazy\" Glew" <ag-n...(a)patten-glew.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Myself, I thought it was obvious.
>
> There's your problem right there, Andy.  Everyone else will say:
>
> 1. It's already been done (heard way too many times in this forum).
>
> 2. It was obvious (emphasis on the past tense).
>
> People answering either (1) or (2) assume that everything that can be
> thought of is already in textbooks.  That's how they got to where they
> are.

Textbooks? Didn't you get the memo? Everything that can be thought
of is on Google...or should I say Topeka ;)

KJ
From: mac on
>the most beautiful and memorable hardware structure in a CPU

You mean like <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_art>?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Maximum output rate