From: John Navas on
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:41:45 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
wrote in <hl6v9r$sq7$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>:

>John Navas wrote:

>> BWM Oracle has promised a return to the traditional multi-team challenge
>> consensus format if it wins the Deed of Gift match.

>Again, I will do my own research, but will monos ever be raced again?
>Will the finals be a longer series?

This is the finals of the 33rd America's Cup.

I expect a return to monohulls for the 34th America's Cup,
and traditional longer challenger elimination and defender series.

The big question if BMW Oracle wins is whether it will come back to the
USA (e.g., San Francisco), or stay in Europe.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: RichA on
On Feb 12, 12:27 am, RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.panasonic.net/avc/lumix/popup/pressrelease/gf1_pink.html

Follow-up:

Luminous Landscape called the Olympus E-P1 effeminate.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/ep2.shtml

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-02-13 12:00:14 -0800, John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> said:

> On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:41:45 -0800, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
> wrote in <hl6v9r$sq7$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>:
>
>> John Navas wrote:
>
>>> BWM Oracle has promised a return to the traditional multi-team challenge
>>> consensus format if it wins the Deed of Gift match.
>
>> Again, I will do my own research, but will monos ever be raced again?
>> Will the finals be a longer series?
>
> This is the finals of the 33rd America's Cup.
>
> I expect a return to monohulls for the 34th America's Cup,
> and traditional longer challenger elimination and defender series.
>
> The big question if BMW Oracle wins is whether it will come back to the
> USA (e.g., San Francisco), or stay in Europe.

Well a Swiss lake race might have been a bit silly, so that got us to
the compromise Valencia.

Since traditionally the defender has held the regatta in home waters
from NYYC times to Australia, San Diego, New Zealand, Swiss Valencia,
it would seem unless we are headed to Court again, with an Oracle win,
SFYC should have the next defense.

If it were anything else all of those defenses would have taken place
off the Isle of Wight.

--
Regards,

Savageduck