From: Cliff on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 13:44:55 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>Heh, my therapy (group, private, + a sexual surrogate, +meds) must be
>WORKING..... I didn't mention Tony Little/abs!!

Yes you did !!
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 05:31:17 -0700 (PDT), Joe788 <larryrozer(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>http://www.deskeng.com/virtual_desktop/?p=1667
>
>D.DAMATO says:

Clueless comes in more than one flavor I note.

>May 13, 2010 at 2:57 pm
>
>I must agree with Jon Banquer�s comment.

At least two.

>I�ve been a hardcore
>Solidworks user since the beginning (1997). Over the past couple of
>years I�ve noticed a degradation in the usability of the Solidworks
>product. Having been spoiled by the ealier years of Solidworks
>development, where enhancements were just that�enhancements, I�ve
>noticed that each new release seem to break (usability, large assembly
>performance, PDM, Motion, etc.) more than they fix.
>
>In any case, I�ll be test driving Autodesk Inventor this summer,

IOW He's never used it, same as clueless.

> base
>on one simple fact�R&D investment. I�ve reviewed the Annual Report for
>Solidworks and Autodesk. Autodesk invested $576.1 million in R&D for
>2009, where i expect 65% ($374.4 million) was used for development of
>engineering applications.
>
>The Autodesk R&D budget is equal to the total revenue of the
>Solidworks product lines. Dessault spent approximatly $500 million on
>R&D, but I estimate the lions share went to improving PLM (corporate
>focus) as opposed to the main stream CAD product line (Solidworks).
>Based on revenue percentates I estimate the R&D budget of Solidworks
>at $100 Million, or 1/4 what Autodesk is investing in the market.
>
>Lastly, the tone of each Annual Report says even more. Dessault
>Systems is focus on its PLM product line which is probably where most
>of its R&D budget is directed. On the other hand, Autodesk is focused
>on their applications (AutoCAD, Inventor, Maya, 3DMAx, etc.). If these
>trends continue at each company, I expect Inventor, as well as other
>Autodesk products to grab significant MCAD market share based on
>improving the robustness and usability through R&D investment.

Autodesk has to support their kernel.
SW does not as they license it.

Autodesk has to support AutoCAD, Inventor, Maya, 3DMAx, etc.
SW only has to support SW.
So SW probably spends more on the product.
--
Cliff
From: Joe788 on
In a nut shell it's because Jon Banquer knows what he's talking about
and has spent the time documenting it with specifics... unlike any of
the worthless, lying scumbags who have posted in this thread.

Who's going to be the next major source to come out and say how much
they appreciate the efforts Jon Banquer makes and that they want his
input?

From: Cross-Slide on
On May 14, 8:19 pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Who's going to be the next major source to come out and say how much
> they appreciate the efforts Jon Banquer makes and that they want his
> input?

The makers of Haloperidol ?
From: Joe788 on
On May 14, 6:19 pm, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> In a nut shell it's because Jon Banquer knows what he's talking about
> and has spent the time documenting it with specifics... unlike any of
> the worthless, lying scumbags who have posted in this thread.
>
> Who's going to be the next major source to come out and say how much
> they appreciate the efforts Jon Banquer makes and that they want his
> input?

Jon, the only person agreeing with you is agreeing with you because
he's just as clueless as you.

Wasn't Synchronous Technology supposed to take over the world already?
Or was that buzzword already replaced by "Inventor Fusion."

LOL!