From: Ed Mullen on
Steve wrote:
> On May 21, 1:02 pm, Ed Mullen<e...(a)edmullen.net> wrote:
>> 1. You're not setting a sensible font size. A body font size of 90% is
>> bad. And your layout is not fluid. Here's what your site looks like
>> when I increase text size enough so I can actually read the page:
>>
>> http://edmullen.net/temp/cap0521a.jpg
>
> Useful feeback. I Increased the font size in the main content area.
>
> As as being fluid goes, do you have any other suggestions? Im
> starting off in all of this so the feedback is very helpful.
>
> Steve

Sorry, I'm off-line for a week or so in the Florida Keys. But I'm sure
others here will chime in with some suggestions.

And you still haven't fixed your sig. Not a major deal but, gee, such a
simple fix if you'd bother to read what I told you.

It should be:

--
Steve

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Gus Richter on
On 5/21/2010 11:27 PM, dorayme wrote:
> In article<ht7g2f$eal$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Gus Richter<gusrichter(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>
>> Doctype is important because:
>>
>> 1. It informs a reader as to which html or xhtml version the document is
>> stating to be in conformance with
>
> It would be the rare reader that would be interested.

Do you not see that the thing being read refers to the source and
therefore ANYONE that is reading the darn thing WOULD BE interested?

--
Gus

From: Albert Ross on
On Fri, 21 May 2010 22:38:06 -0400, Gus Richter
<gusrichter(a)netscape.net> wrote:

>PS & Caveat: I'm not into Blogs and know nothing about WordPress which
>you apparently are using, hence you may have to use XHTML. If not, I
>would advise to use HTML Strict instead, since it seems to me you have
>no XML, SVG, MathML requirements.

I just checked my Wordpress blog, it uses xhtml 1.0 transitional
<spit>

Last time I checked, the code validated and the css had a couple of
errors relating to elderly moz - values (pre-built template). This
time the Validator is flagging up more errors, that's the trouble with
stuff which tries to simplify usage.

Still an order of magnitude better than most Google Blogger code
though . . .
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Ed Mullen wrote:

> Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> 2. You're not using a proper sig delimiter.
>>>
>>> http://edmullen.net/mozilla/moz_sigtag.php
>>
>> They cannot; they are using Google Groups. And the delimiter is not
>> mandatory. Even what it may delimit or not varies in opinion, as you
>> will see shortly.
>>

>> PointedEars
>
> I know. But you still aren't using a well-formed signature.

Which part of the last sentence did you not get?

PointedEars
-- Richard Cornford, cljs, <cife6q$253$1$8300dec7(a)news.demon.co.uk> (2004)
From: dorayme on
In article <ht8oiu$i0$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Gus Richter <gusrichter(a)netscape.net> wrote:

> On 5/21/2010 11:27 PM, dorayme wrote:
> > In article<ht7g2f$eal$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> > Gus Richter<gusrichter(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Doctype is important because:
> >>
> >> 1. It informs a reader as to which html or xhtml version the document is
> >> stating to be in conformance with
> >
> > It would be the rare reader that would be interested.
>
> Do you not see that the thing being read refers to the source and
> therefore ANYONE that is reading the darn thing WOULD BE interested?

There are a lot of things I don't see. I don't see users of
websites being interested and I don't see that ANYONE (if we must
shout) reading sources WOULD BE interested. I often have a quick
look at source without it being a point of curiosity for me what
doctype is being used. As far as I know, the importance of
doctypes is to do with the mere presence of them (often it being
unimportant which doctype is used) causing desirable things to do
with predictable presentation. And the other thing that is
important is that it acts to alert (on validation tests) the
author of things he or she would not want to miss.

--
dorayme