From: Yousuf Khan on
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
> In article <4b572f95$1(a)news.bnb-lp.com>, Yousuf Khan
> <bbbl67(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> writes
>
>> What would the explanation for this be?
>>
>>> [ Maxtor 6L300R0 (L61F02TH) ]
> ^^^^^^
>
> That. <spit>

Well, the drive has been in continuous use since January 2007, so it's
not like as if it's a paragon of unreliability. It's probably due by now.

Yousuf Khan
From: Arno on
Yousuf Khan <bbbl67(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mike Tomlinson wrote:
>> In article <4b572f95$1(a)news.bnb-lp.com>, Yousuf Khan
>> <bbbl67(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> writes
>>
>>> What would the explanation for this be?

>> ^^^^^^
>>
>> That. <spit>

> Well, the drive has been in continuous use since January 2007, so it's
> not like as if it's a paragon of unreliability. It's probably due by now.

The old 120/200GB Maxtors were prettu good, except when inadequately
cooled. Then they died very fast. But I had something 40 running
for 3 years with one failure that could not be explained by
other causes (some were mechanically damaged).

This did however result in frequent failures in badly cooled
PCs and the Maxtor USB drives of that time also had bad
cooling. This drive would have benefitted from an
"expert use only" sticker.

Arno
--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----