From: Rod Speed on
annily wrote:
> Jeff Cahill wrote:
>> On 20/01/2010 10:08 AM, Jeff Cahill wrote:
>>> I have Windows 7 on my laptop and desktop no problems with the
>>> laptop but I keep get not responding messages all the time I even
>>> reinstalled windows and started putting everything back on and the
>>> problem is still there I have a gigabyte board with a AMD 955
>>> processor and g skill ram 1600 any help would would be good
>> I get a not responding message in the top title bar it doesn't is
>> can happen in any program I've been told it could be the western
>> digital hard drive
>
> Does the hard disk light stay on while this is happening? I had one of
> the WD "green" drives as my Windows 7 system drive, and this happened
> frequently. Went away when I changed to a Samsung (non-green) drive.

I dont get it with samsung green drives either.

From: Jeff Cahill on
On 20/01/2010 3:11 PM, annily wrote:
> Jeff Cahill wrote:
>> On 20/01/2010 10:08 AM, Jeff Cahill wrote:
>>> I have Windows 7 on my laptop and desktop no problems with the laptop
>>> but I keep get not responding messages all the time I even reinstalled
>>> windows and started putting everything back on and the problem is still
>>> there I have a gigabyte board with a AMD 955 processor and g skill ram
>>> 1600 any help would would be good
>> I get a not responding message in the top title bar it doesn't is can
>> happen in any program I've been told it could be the western digital
>> hard drive
>
> Does the hard disk light stay on while this is happening? I had one of
> the WD "green" drives as my Windows 7 system drive, and this happened
> frequently. Went away when I changed to a Samsung (non-green) drive.

Yes the light is on
From: Anonymous on

"Jeff Cahill" <jlcahill(a)grapevine.com.au> wrote in message
> On 20/01/2010 3:11 PM, annily wrote:
>> Jeff Cahill wrote:
>>> I get a not responding message in the top title bar it doesn't is can
>>> happen in any program I've been told it could be the western digital
>>> hard drive
>>
>> Does the hard disk light stay on while this is happening? I had one of
>> the WD "green" drives as my Windows 7 system drive, and this happened
>> frequently. Went away when I changed to a Samsung (non-green) drive.
>>
> Yes the light is on

But, no-ones` home?

From: annily on
Rod Speed wrote:
> annily wrote:
>> Jeff Cahill wrote:
>>> I get a not responding message in the top title bar it doesn't is
>>> can happen in any program I've been told it could be the western
>>> digital hard drive
>> Does the hard disk light stay on while this is happening? I had one of
>> the WD "green" drives as my Windows 7 system drive, and this happened
>> frequently. Went away when I changed to a Samsung (non-green) drive.
>
> I dont get it with samsung green drives either.

I think it's peculiar to certain motherboards.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: annily on
Jeff Cahill wrote:
> On 20/01/2010 3:11 PM, annily wrote:
>> Jeff Cahill wrote:
>>> I get a not responding message in the top title bar it doesn't is can
>>> happen in any program I've been told it could be the western digital
>>> hard drive
>>
>> Does the hard disk light stay on while this is happening? I had one of
>> the WD "green" drives as my Windows 7 system drive, and this happened
>> frequently. Went away when I changed to a Samsung (non-green) drive.
>>
> Yes the light is on

What motherboard do you have? I have an Asus P5KPL-AM/PS.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Win 7 startup order
Next: Re TSRs & IPs