From: Jeff Cahill on
On 20/01/2010 9:48 PM, annily wrote:
> Jeff Cahill wrote:
>>>
>>> Does the hard disk light stay on while this is happening? I had one of
>>> the WD "green" drives as my Windows 7 system drive, and this happened
>>> frequently. Went away when I changed to a Samsung (non-green) drive.
>>>
>> Yes the light is on
>
> What motherboard do you have? I have an Asus P5KPL-AM/PS.

IT is a Giga-byte MA770t-UD3P
From: annily on
Jeff Cahill wrote:
> On 20/01/2010 9:48 PM, annily wrote:
>> Jeff Cahill wrote:

>>> Yes the light is on
>>
>> What motherboard do you have? I have an Asus P5KPL-AM/PS.
>>
> IT is a Giga-byte MA770t-UD3P

Hmm, OK. I thought it may just have been mine. Maybe it's something else
in the configuration. I wonder what Rod has, as he doesn't have the
problem apparently.

Anyway, it would be interesting to see what happens if you swap the WD
for a different drive, if that's not too much trouble.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: Rod Speed on
annily wrote:
> Jeff Cahill wrote:

>>> What motherboard do you have? I have an Asus P5KPL-AM/PS.
>>>
>> IT is a Giga-byte MA770t-UD3P
>
> Hmm, OK. I thought it may just have been mine. Maybe it's something
> else in the configuration. I wonder what Rod has, as he doesn't have
> the problem apparently.

Asus P4XP-X on that particular system.

From: Jeff Cahill on
Rod Speed wrote:
> annily wrote:
>> Jeff Cahill wrote:
>>>>
>>> IT is a Giga-byte MA770t-UD3P
>> Hmm, OK. I thought it may just have been mine. Maybe it's something
>> else in the configuration. I wonder what Rod has, as he doesn't have
>> the problem apparently.
>
> Asus P4XP-X on that particular system.
>
>> Anyway, it would be interesting to see what happens if you swap the WD for a different drive, if that's not too much
>> trouble.

Just changed the hard drive to a Seagate installing everything back on
at the moment everything is OK so far
From: annily on
Jeff Cahill wrote:
> Rod Speed wrote:
>> annily wrote:

>>> Hmm, OK. I thought it may just have been mine. Maybe it's something
>>> else in the configuration. I wonder what Rod has, as he doesn't have
>>> the problem apparently.
>>
>> Asus P4XP-X on that particular system.
>>
>>> Anyway, it would be interesting to see what happens if you swap the
>>> WD for a different drive, if that's not too much trouble.
>>

> Just changed the hard drive to a Seagate installing everything back on
> at the moment everything is OK so far

I hope that solves your problem, but I'd love to know why some systems
have that problem with the WD "green" drives in the first place.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Win 7 startup order
Next: Re TSRs & IPs