From: Jeff Cahill on
I have Windows 7 on my laptop and desktop no problems with the laptop
but I keep get not responding messages all the time I even reinstalled
windows and started putting everything back on and the problem is still
there I have a gigabyte board with a AMD 955 processor and g skill ram
1600 any help would would be good
From: idgat on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 23:08:50 GMT, Jeff Cahill
<jlcahill(a)grapevine.com.au> wrote:

>I have Windows 7 on my laptop and desktop no problems with the laptop
>but I keep get not responding messages all the time I even reinstalled
>windows and started putting everything back on and the problem is still
>there I have a gigabyte board with a AMD 955 processor and g skill ram
>1600 any help would would be good

What's not responding???

What sort of messages - from what program?

Under what circumstances?

A little more info would help .... or have I been stung by a troll?
--
idgat
Compuglobalhypermeganet Inc.
From: Rob on
Jeff Cahill wrote:
> I have Windows 7 on my laptop and desktop no problems with the laptop
> but I keep get not responding messages all the time I even reinstalled
> windows and started putting everything back on and the problem is still
> there I have a gigabyte board with a AMD 955 processor and g skill ram
> 1600 any help would would be good

Start checking the RAM first with something like MemTest.
Can't do any harm.
From: Jeff Cahill on
On 20/01/2010 10:08 AM, Jeff Cahill wrote:
> I have Windows 7 on my laptop and desktop no problems with the laptop
> but I keep get not responding messages all the time I even reinstalled
> windows and started putting everything back on and the problem is still
> there I have a gigabyte board with a AMD 955 processor and g skill ram
> 1600 any help would would be good
I get a not responding message in the top title bar it doesn't is can
happen in any program I've been told it could be the western digital
hard drive
From: annily on
Jeff Cahill wrote:
> On 20/01/2010 10:08 AM, Jeff Cahill wrote:
>> I have Windows 7 on my laptop and desktop no problems with the laptop
>> but I keep get not responding messages all the time I even reinstalled
>> windows and started putting everything back on and the problem is still
>> there I have a gigabyte board with a AMD 955 processor and g skill ram
>> 1600 any help would would be good
> I get a not responding message in the top title bar it doesn't is can
> happen in any program I've been told it could be the western digital
> hard drive

Does the hard disk light stay on while this is happening? I had one of
the WD "green" drives as my Windows 7 system drive, and this happened
frequently. Went away when I changed to a Samsung (non-green) drive.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Win 7 startup order
Next: Re TSRs & IPs