From: Tom Willett on
They would certainly be SOL unless/until RTR makes extensions for Win7.
When/If there will be any further extensions development for other O/S? Who
knows.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
"Larry" <paxman(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in message
: So I presume ALL Frontpage users are SOL for an upgrade to Windows 7, for
: theoretically better version than Vista?
: Would there be a version of the extensions that is allowed?
:
: "Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
: news:eVtsTeJWKHA.4416(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
: > That is correct.
: >
: > --
: > Tom [Pepper] Willett
: > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: > ---------------------------
: > "Stefan B Rusynko" <sbr_enjoy(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
: > news:umWizBHWKHA.4416(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
: > : But RTM doesn't support Windows 7 either (only IIS7 on Windows Vista
or
: > Windows Server 2008)
: > : See
: >
http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq1.htm#Windows%207%20and%20the%20FrontPage%20Server%20Extensions
: > :
: > : --
: > :
: > : _____________________________________________
: > : SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
: > : "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
: > : _____________________________________________
: > :
: > :
: > : "Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
: > news:usNArz8VKHA.844(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
: > : It will not allow that version of FP extensions. MS has farmed out the
: > : extensions to:
: > :
: > : http://www.rtr.com/fpse/
: > : --
: > : Tom [Pepper] Willett
: > : Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: > : ---------------------------
: > : "Larry" <paxman(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in message
: > : news:uMzvMH2VKHA.5208(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
: > ::I ran the Windows 7 upgrade test on my system. For Frontpage it gave
the
: > :: following:
: > ::
: > :: Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions 2002
: > :: version 10.0.2701.0
: > :: Microsoft Corporation
: > :: Uninstall first
: > :: You need to uninstall this program before upgrading to Windows 7. You
: > : won't
: > :: be able to install it after upgrading to Windows 7.
: > ::
: > :: I am running FrontPage 2000. Can I presume this means that Win7 will
: > not
: > :: allow Frontpage extensions at all?
: > ::
: > ::
: > :
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

From: Larry on
Thanks Tom - I have sent them an email to find out if this will be a future
offering. Will let you know their response.

Larry

From: Ronx on
Any reason why you can't use a disc-based web? A disc based web located in
the wwwroot folder would work if you tested pages using
tp://localhost/ - except for those pages that require extensions (forms).
For those who don't need a server for testing FrontPage works perfectly on
Windows 7, so not EVERY FrontPage user is SOL.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

From: Larry on
I already use localhost for FrontPage testing. I use the extensions for
online forms. I've tried using Perl on a Dreamweaver web that uses forms and
was able to get it to work but it is difficult to work with. Does not
provide the type of completion page you can easily design with FrontPage, or
if it can I haven't figured out how yet (:- ]
If there is a better form handler than Perl could you please let me know?

I will "hang in there" with XP for a while I guess.

Larry

From: Ronx on
Almost anything is better than Perl - I've used it.

What you use depends on where (which server - Unix or Windows) your site is
eventually hosted on, and what your host supports.
On Windows servers you can use "classic" asp, asp.NET or PHP. On Unix
usually only PHP, but some support asp and a tiny number support asp.NET.
You can download a Windows version of PHP and use that for testing. In
addition, Expression Web has some support for PHP which is lacking in
FrontPage.
--

> I already use localhost for FrontPage testing. I use the extensions for
> online forms. I've tried using Perl on a Dreamweaver web that uses forms
> and was able to get it to work but it is difficult to work with. Does not
> provide the type of completion page you can easily design with FrontPage,
> or if it can I haven't figured out how yet (:- ]
> If there is a better form handler than Perl could you please let me know?
>
> I will "hang in there" with XP for a while I guess.
>
> Larry
> "Ronx" <ronx917(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Any reason why you can't use a disc-based web? A disc based web located
>> in the wwwroot folder would work if you tested pages using
>> /localhost/ - except for those pages that require extensions (forms).
>> For those who don't need a server for testing FrontPage works perfectly
>> on Windows 7, so not EVERY FrontPage user is SOL.
>>
>> --
>> Ron Symonds
>> Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
>> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>>
>> Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>>

>> "Larry" <paxman(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>>> So I presume ALL Frontpage users are SOL for an upgrade to Windows 7,
>>> for a theoretically better version than Vista?
>>> Would there be a version of the extensions that is allowed?
>>>
>>> "Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Frontpage 2003 and Windows 7
Next: Creating a new page