From: Larry on
Thanks Ronx. I'll do some experimenting with PHP.
Larry

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Tom Willett was thinking very hard :
>> But RTM doesn't support Windows 7 either (only IIS7 on Windows Vista or
>> Windows Server 2008) See
>> http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq1.htm#Windows%207%20and%20the%20FrontPage%20Server%20Extensions
>
> That is correct.

Well, crud. That just sucks. :-(

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: Tom Willett on
That's okay, Karl. Just don't use Windows 7, yet ;-)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
--
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
: Tom Willett was thinking very hard :
: >> But RTM doesn't support Windows 7 either (only IIS7 on Windows Vista or
: >> Windows Server 2008) See
: >>
http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq1.htm#Windows%207%20and%20the%20FrontPage%20Server%20Extensions
: >
: > That is correct.
:
: Well, crud. That just sucks. :-(
:
: --
: [.NET: It's About Trust!]
:
:

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Tom Willett used his keyboard to write :
>> Well, crud. That just sucks. :-(
>
> That's okay, Karl. Just don't use Windows 7, yet ;-)
> If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My XP system was going on 3-yrs old, and the wear and tear was horridly
obvious. It needed to be rebuilt. So, after testing all sorts of
stuff, I decide, WTH? Shoulda known. <sigh>

So, I got IIS7 running. Trying to open http://localhost in FP2003 is
just not working. Nothing I can do to get that happening?

I'm thinking, I can always use a VM, but what a friggin' hassle!

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]

From: Ronx on
Windows 7 XP Mode may help - it is a virtual machine running Windows XP Pro
with USB support, and programs open as if they are in Windows 7 - but the
first program does take a long time to open.
--

> Tom Willett used his keyboard to write :
>>> Well, crud. That just sucks. :-(
>>
>> That's okay, Karl. Just don't use Windows 7, yet ;-)
>> If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>
> My XP system was going on 3-yrs old, and the wear and tear was horridly
> obvious. It needed to be rebuilt. So, after testing all sorts of stuff,
> I decide, WTH? Shoulda known. <sigh>
>
> So, I got IIS7 running. Trying to open http://localhost in FP2003 is just
> not working. Nothing I can do to get that happening?
>
> I'm thinking, I can always use a VM, but what a friggin' hassle!
>
> --
> [.NET: It's About Trust!]

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4