From: ohaya on
On 1/27/2010 8:16 PM, ohaya wrote:
> On 1/27/2010 7:58 PM, ohaya wrote:

>>> Bo,
>>>
>>> Yes, that was what I thought about AFTER I got home :)...
>>>
>>> I'll give it a try again when I'm back in the office.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jim
>>

>> Bo,
>>
>> Actually, I've noticed that this same problem is happening on the
>> original guest, on the original machine where I created the guest. I
>> just was doing some work with the guest today, and I had shut it down
>> about 1/2 hour ago, and I tried starting it again, and now it's hung on
>> that scrolling bar page :(!!
>>

>> I'm running VPC 2007 SP1, and I have a lot of other guests, and it's
>> only having this problem with this one Windows XP Pro guest. The VPC
>> Additions are installed on the guest.
>>
>> Any idea why this is happening? Is there something about WinXP Pro when
>> it's a guest (this may be the only XP Pro guest I have..).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jim
>

> Hi,
>
> This is getting a little strange :(... After about 4 minutes stalled,
> the guest started running again...
>
> I've tried this a couple of times, and it's similar each time. Win XP
> Pro stalls at startup for about 3-4 minutes.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> My host is Win7 64-bit Ultimate.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hi,

Now, it seems to stall completely at startup, on the windows where
there's the scrolling bar. The bar scrolls for awhile, but then it
stops completely, and no disk activity.

I've tried setting processor affinity for VirtualPC.exe, but still the same.

Is this a problem with VPC 2007 on a Win7 host, or is it a problem with
the VPC guest itself?

Thanks,
Jim

P.S. I have other WinXP Home guests that always startup fine. It's
only this one WinXP Pro guest (and this is my only WinXP Pro guest, BTW)...