From: jorgen on
Timm wrote:

> No, this is not a XP account password or administrator password. I have
> those too for individual users. This PW has to be entered before XP will
> even open up.

run > syskey > update > password startup
From: poatt on
Timm,
You said it is not a Bios PW. But if it is asking for it BEFORE OS boots?
It has to be bios related.
Most Bios securities have two password settings for Admin. and users.
I would at least check there,in Security, settings in Bios.

Hi Gary ! How's it poppin?

From: Timm on
Hello Jorgen,

I tried your suggestion and that took care of it! I chose the "store
startup key locally" option and now the computer starts up without me needing
to type in the startup password. Thank you very much!!!

Tim

From: Gary S. Terhune on
Well, let us know if you find the answer, OK? Never heard of that one. BIOS
password, yes, but this is way past BIOS. You sure it isn't some 3rd-party
utility?

From: Gary S. Terhune on
OTAY!

But it isn't a BIOS password if it doesn't show up until the XP flag has
appeared. Has to be in XP.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User