From: Peter Foldes on
Sounds like you put a Password to the Bios.

--
Peter

From: poatt on
yes since you pointed out the XP flag to me.
It may be a 3rd party office type program for a server type inviroment.

From: Timm on
Thanks Gary and everyone else who answered. I tried Jorgen's suggestion and
that took care of it. Starts right up now without stopping to wait for me to
type a password.

Timm

From: Gary S. Terhune on
Yup. Jorgen pointed out a utility that I wasn't aware of (I don't encrypt
things). Note that all you can do is change the password, you can't get rid
of the prompt. At least, that's the way it looks. I didn't want to institute
it.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

From: jorgen on
Gary S. Terhune wrote:
> Yup. Jorgen pointed out a utility that I wasn't aware of (I don't encrypt
> things). Note that all you can do is change the password, you can't get rid
> of the prompt. At least, that's the way it looks. I didn't want to institute
> it.

The prompt will go away if you choose to have the system key stored
locally (like he did). Then it will go straight to the normal login
prompt / welcome screen.

It is a good way to further protect EFS files, if you choose to have a
weak password on your account. By choosing a strong password for the
system key, a hacker must crack this before gaining access to files.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Takes time to save
Next: Disable Standby for all users