From: espee2 on
On Mar 3, 10:49 am, "Ken Blake, MVP"
<kbl...(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:30:51 -0800 (PST), espee2 <rnwr...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > If it's only 95 seconds, I'd say there's nothing wrong.
>
> > 95 seconds of HELL!! -JK-:-) I checked the windows update history and
> > the only hardware I updated was my Atheros wireless network driver,
> > and the KME usb human interface device. the bootlog is wat to huge to
> > post here (never saw one before) and makes no sense to me... :-)  It
> > is only 95 second, but it used to start instantly, and so the first
> > couple times, until I figured out what was going on it seemed like an
> > eternity and I thought it was broke.
>
> My personal view is that the attention many people pay to how long it
> takes to boot is unwarranted. Assuming that the computer's speed is
> otherwise satisfactory, it is not generally worth worrying about. Most
> people start their computers once a day or even less frequently. In
> the overall scheme of things, even a few minutes to start up isn't
> very important. Personally I power on my computer when I get up in the
> morning, then go get my coffee. When I come back, it's done booting. I
> don't know how long it took to boot and I don't care.
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

True I agree, but to go from instant startup to waiting and waiting,
it was scary, I thought it was F_'ed up and obviously something
changed and I'm just trying to figure out what.
From: espee2 on
*****SOLVED**** thanks to the two fellows who said check the drivers I
got from Windows. Luckily there were only 2 and the wireless network
driver was the culprit! it's been a good thread thanks all

From: Daave on
Success!

In the future, avoid drivers from Windows Update like the plague!

From: Jose on
On Mar 3, 4:43 pm, espee2 <rnwr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> *****SOLVED**** thanks to the two fellows who said check the drivers I
> got from Windows. Luckily there were only 2 and the wireless network
> driver was the culprit! it's been a good thread thanks all
>

> > I hear what you're saying, but I wouldn't worry about it. If you're that
> > curious, you can configure a Clean Boot and use the process of
> > elimination to determine which process is taking longer than it used to..
> > Might very well be the wireless network driver. Where did you get the
> > driver from? Have you rolled back to the earlier version to see if the
> > boot time decreases?
>
> > But, seriously, I think everything's just fine. :-)

A self inflicted wound.

I am glad you figured it out.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2