From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
It depends what is your goal in using the VPN. There are many solutions out
there.
Like using a Router that is an End point VPN, or online service like
Hamachi, and more.
In general, http://www.ezlan.net/vpn.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: PieBald on
Jack,
Thanks for the propmt reply, an outline of my requirements are to enable my
home system as a server and be able to access it away from base in a secure
manner. Both systems will be either XP home edition or a Vista remote system.
I looked EzLAN and it appears that UltraVNC may provide an answer without
the need for static IP etc., or OpenVPN although there may be a need to
include some dynamic DNS type facility. Your help is appreciate, and, should
you know a simple solution that does not require static IP that would be
great. Thanks in advance