From: Zyp on
Do other USB items work on YOUR computer? If not, maybe you have a 'device
driver' problem for the motherboard. i.e. the drivers you need to install
so the motherboard works with the USB.....? Or is the USB 'on' in the cmos?
Not that I know much, but these simple little things could have been
forgotten.

--
Zyp

From: Derek Wray on
All other USB devices working fine. In fact everything else works fine.

From: Ian on
Derek Wray wrote:
> I'm running XP Pro with SP 2. Everything seems OK except my Tekhal
> 512 mb flash disk USB device is not properly recognised.
>
> It is recognised as a disk but I cannot read or write to it, and in
> Properties it is said to have 0 bytes free space; 0 bytes used space
> and 0 bytes capacity.
>
> The really annoying thing is that it works perfectly well on my
> friend's computer but not on mine. Why? What can I do? Or can someone
> point me in the right direction to find out?
>
> Thanks.

With the drive connected, enter device manager and remove the drive device.
Switch off the PC and remove the flash drive. Reboot XP then plug and play
the drive again. If it still won't work, please report the device and
driver properties that you are seeing in device manager to the group.

From: mfellNOSPAM* on
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:02:37 -0000, "Derek Wray"
<me(a)somefakeaddress.com> wrote:

>I'm running XP Pro with SP 2. Everything seems OK except my Tekhal 512 mb
>flash disk USB device is not properly recognised.
>
>It is recognised as a disk but I cannot read or write to it, and in
>Properties it is said to have 0 bytes free space; 0 bytes used space and 0
>bytes capacity.
>
>The really annoying thing is that it works perfectly well on my friend's
>computer but not on mine. Why? What can I do? Or can someone point me in the
>right direction to find out?
>
>Thanks.

Make sure you put the flash memory in the slot the right way. It
seems to me you can put this stuff in upside down and it will still
fit the slot but, of course it will not be recognized.
Regards

Mike
From: Derek Wray on

<mfellNOSPAM*@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:02:37 -0000, "Derek Wray"
> <me(a)somefakeaddress.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm running XP Pro with SP 2. Everything seems OK except my Tekhal 512 mb
>>flash disk USB device is not properly recognised.
>>
>>It is recognised as a disk but I cannot read or write to it, and in
>>Properties it is said to have 0 bytes free space; 0 bytes used space and 0
>>bytes capacity.
>>
>>The really annoying thing is that it works perfectly well on my friend's
>>computer but not on mine. Why? What can I do? Or can someone point me in
>>the
>>right direction to find out?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

> Make sure you put the flash memory in the slot the right way. It
> seems to me you can put this stuff in upside down and it will still
> fit the slot but, of course it will not be recognized.
> Regards
>
> Mike

I cannot insert any USB connection upside down in any of my 7 USB slots.
They just will not go in that way.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Stop error C 00021A when logging off
Next: Win 16 Subsystem