From: Derek Wray on

"Ian" <ian(a)iano.net> wrote in message
> Derek Wray wrote:
>> I'm running XP Pro with SP 2. Everything seems OK except my Tekhal
>> 512 mb flash disk USB device is not properly recognised.
>>
>> It is recognised as a disk but I cannot read or write to it, and in
>> Properties it is said to have 0 bytes free space; 0 bytes used space
>> and 0 bytes capacity.
>>
>> The really annoying thing is that it works perfectly well on my
>> friend's computer but not on mine. Why? What can I do? Or can someone
>> point me in the right direction to find out?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> With the drive connected, enter device manager and remove the drive
> device.
> Switch off the PC and remove the flash drive. Reboot XP then plug and play
> the drive again. If it still won't work, please report the device and
> driver properties that you are seeing in device manager to the group.

I did this, and the disk was seen as disabled. When I enabled it I got the
same device properties - 0 bytes used; 0 bytes; free; 0 bytes capacity.

Or were you asking for the driver details? If so they were -
Driver files - windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
windows\system32\drivers\partMgr.sys
Provider Microsoft Corporation
File Version 5.1.2600.2180(xpsp_sp2_rtm040803-2158)

From: Derek Wray on

From: mfellNOSPAM* on
On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:43:28 -0000, "Derek Wray"
<me(a)somefakeaddress.com> wrote:

><mfellNOSPAM*@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:02:37 -0000, "Derek Wray"
>> <me(a)somefakeaddress.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I'm running XP Pro with SP 2. Everything seems OK except my Tekhal 512 mb
>>>flash disk USB device is not properly recognised.
>>>
>>>It is recognised as a disk but I cannot read or write to it, and in
>>>Properties it is said to have 0 bytes free space; 0 bytes used space and 0
>>>bytes capacity.
>>>
>>>The really annoying thing is that it works perfectly well on my friend's
>>>computer but not on mine. Why? What can I do? Or can someone point me in
>>>the
>>>right direction to find out?
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>

>> Make sure you put the flash memory in the slot the right way. It
>> seems to me you can put this stuff in upside down and it will still
>> fit the slot but, of course it will not be recognized.
>> Regards
>>
>> Mike
>
>I cannot insert any USB connection upside down in any of my 7 USB slots.
>They just will not go in that way.

I was talking about the memory not the reader.

Regards

Mike
From: relic on
Derek Wray wrote:
> "Ian" <ian(a)iano.net> wrote in message
>> Derek Wray wrote:
>>> I'm running XP Pro with SP 2. Everything seems OK except my Tekhal
>>> 512 mb flash disk USB device is not properly recognised.
>>>
>>> It is recognised as a disk but I cannot read or write to it, and in
>>> Properties it is said to have 0 bytes free space; 0 bytes used space
>>> and 0 bytes capacity.
>>>
>>> The really annoying thing is that it works perfectly well on my
>>> friend's computer but not on mine. Why? What can I do? Or can
>>> someone point me in the right direction to find out?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> With the drive connected, enter device manager and remove the drive
>> device.
>> Switch off the PC and remove the flash drive. Reboot XP then plug
>> and play the drive again. If it still won't work, please report the
>> device and driver properties that you are seeing in device manager
>> to the group.
>
> I did this, and the disk was seen as disabled.

You deleted it and got that? Delete the USB Controllers and reboot to let
Windows reinstall everything.

--
If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

From: Derek Wray on

"relic" <abuse(a)relic211.cjb.net> wrote in message
> Derek Wray wrote:
>> "Ian" <ian(a)iano.net> wrote in message

>>> With the drive connected, enter device manager and remove the drive
>>> device.
>>> Switch off the PC and remove the flash drive. Reboot XP then plug
>>> and play the drive again. If it still won't work, please report the
>>> device and driver properties that you are seeing in device manager
>>> to the group.
>>
>> I did this, and the disk was seen as disabled.
>
> You deleted it and got that? Delete the USB Controllers and reboot to let
> Windows reinstall everything.
>
> --
> If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

What? Why?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Stop error C 00021A when logging off
Next: Win 16 Subsystem