From: buddyorliz on
By the way, the info I got regarding all the ax files and codec info was on
the:
Movie Maker 2
Crashes and Hangs
papajohn web.

That was what got me concerned because I have so many of the .ax files and I
think it said more than 8 was strange.

From: buddyorliz on
Regarding the mention of .ax files. I made notes on my copy of some of your
info.
I noticed while comparing your list to my files that,
iac25_32.ax (HUMM I have 4 named this ???)
ksproxy.ax (HUMM I have 10 of these ???)
l3codecx.ax (HUMM I have 2 of these ???)

I only considered these as 3 of the listed ones I had, I also had about 15
more. All of the below came up when I searched .ax

AC3filter.ax
claud.ax
claudfx.ax
clvsd.ax
divxaf.ax
divxdec.ax
DVDAudio.ax
ffdshow.ax
iviaudio.ax
mmswitch.ax
mpeg2parser.ax
NeResize.ax (part of nero)
nevideo.ax
wtwmplug.ax

From: PapaJohn on
that page of my site includes this statement...

"...Be careful not to go down the path of trying to resolve crashing and
hanging issues by doing what is suggested here... if you are trying to
import or use a source file that doesn't work in Movie Maker... maybe it
can't work...."

My step-by-step info for file conversions vary by the type of file you're
starting with... what kind are they, where are they from, and if you are
already converting them, what are you using?

From: PapaJohn on
if, with all the line items unchecked, you can import a BMP image, put it on
the timeline, and save it as a movie clip, both as a WMV and a DV-AVI file,
then Movie Maker is working.

From: John Inzer on
buddyorliz wrote:
> Now you totally lost me.
> File conversions?
> For one thing it doesn't seam that it would matter what 'version'
> they were as moviemaker closes before I can click on anything.
>
> In the past I have had to mess with come kind of converting, but that
> has not been an issue in awhile.
>
> I do have a few issues with thumb files that come with my video clips
> from my newest canon camera. Usually just deleting them right away
> has stopped any of those issues. I only mention that incase that jogs
> something in your memory.
>
> If You are confident about the file conversion being the issue I will
> spend the time to do what I need to, but would you Please give me
> step by step help. I don't even know how to get started.
>
> Thanks,
> Liz
>
> Ps. I read articles on the papajohn page all the time. Some have
> been very helpful, some I just get lost.
>

> "PapaJohn" wrote:
==================================
I have no idea what model your new Canon
is but some of the later ones (SD990 IS for
example) produce QuickTime .mov video files
that are not compatible with Movie Maker.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice